Follow a moral decision or take Jane`s advice ?

This has probably been asked before but if it came down to the decision and have a choice to either save the baby doing something heroic but in the process getting Clementine bit or will you listen too Jane`s advice and save your own skin , Jane did say , you don't owe these people anything , they will get you killed and I'm not sticking around too see it happen too you , I have too say , me myself .... I would save Clementine and let the baby die. That's really horrible but still I'm not going too be eaten alive by the undead too save somebody's baby , when in the first place your a idiot jerkoff too have a baby in a zombie apocalypse ..... sorry I'm all for the group but that's where I draw the line and worry about myself FOR ONCE ....

Comments

• Survival comes before morality for me. Survival would be my top priority in the Apocalypse.

• Throw the baby at the walkers and run.....okay I'm not that evil, but I would choose survival over morality.

• "I owe these people everything, I wouldn't be here without them"

• This.

"I owe these people everything, I wouldn't be here without them"

• I know it's a shit decision too make ,but this whole game I've been putting myself out there on the line for these people and they rarely do the same for me , I know that sounds selfish but still the group just doesn't care as much as Clementine does , they do care but not as much as her

Rigtail posted: »

Survival comes before morality for me. Survival would be my top priority in the Apocalypse.

• Hey I respect your opinion but your the one who's gonna be dead walking around looking for some nice human flesh too eat while in the next season they will be eating a can of beans around a campfire only too mention your name a few shitty Times in the next season like they did with Lee

BigBadLarry posted: »

This.

• BigBadLarryBigBadLarry Banned
    edited August 2014

doesn't care as much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WCbOloAYQ

Alt text

Alt text

What are you smoking?

I know it's a shit decision too make ,but this whole game I've been putting myself out there on the line for these people and the

• the moment you save yourself to leave others behind is basically when you can kiss your humanity goodbye and you are no better than walkers

Hey I respect your opinion but your the one who's gonna be dead walking around looking for some nice human flesh too eat while in

• It's been two years, they've probably talked about it already, he's in their hearts dude, they can't praise him every second. He's dead they have to be strong and get over it, living in the past isn't going to help. And it's a matter of opinion if you would choose Baby or Clem. I respect your opinion as well, but being moral matters more to me. Oh and by that campfire there will be a baby, and that's enough for me to feel content, even if it does cost my/Clem's life.

Hey I respect your opinion but your the one who's gonna be dead walking around looking for some nice human flesh too eat while in

• My thoughts exactly. That's been my motto since A New Day.

the moment you save yourself to leave others behind is basically when you can kiss your humanity goodbye and you are no better than walkers

• Team survival , team not bitten .... have fun

It's been two years, they've probably talked about it already, he's in their hearts dude, they can't praise him every second. He's

• Alt text

the moment you save yourself to leave others behind is basically when you can kiss your humanity goodbye and you are no better than walkers

• A little bit of both.

• Best comeback 10/10.

I honestly see no point in surviving if you go as far as to let a baby die. If you had a newborn baby, and there was some sort of choice where only one of you can survive, then I wonder what you would choose. At least we died for something, rather then die knowing that we let a baby die on our conscience.

Team survival , team not bitten .... have fun

• Congrats. I'll think about you while I open my can of beans

Best comeback 10/10. I honestly see no point in surviving if you go as far as to let a baby die. If you had a newborn baby, and

• edited August 2014

I believe in a balance, not the -at times- ridiculous dichotomy leaning more towards the "pure survivalist" stance that this season has presented.

That said, I am selfish, and I would not let my Clementine die to save them. Knowing Telltale, however, it is likely that both options end up screwing you in different ways. If you choose to do the morally right thing to do, you die. If you choose to save your skin, you die later or end up broken and alone. Either way, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out, and this can end up being the most agonizing choice from both seasons.

• edited August 2014

Based on my actions so far in the game, I'd probably do the moral thing. Of course, this being a video game, it's quite easy to be a moralist because I'm not actually required to give anything up. But if I really ask myself, if I were in Clementine's position, would I give up my life for another, I'm not sure I would.

The way I look at it, I've already spent what is now $50 on a piece of fiction rather than donating that money to a charity that helps people in need. And I'd do it again. I will do it again. So if I'm not willing to give up, what, 18 hours of entertainment for the sake of helping out a real person in need, what are the chances that, when given the chance to do so, I'd give up my life for another?

• I would definitely save myself (Clementine) over anyone else in the group.... I love my crew, cough "Bonnie" and I always help when I can... save people in my group in every way possible... my Clementine is sweet and kind... but she would definitely choose her own life over another.

• Sorry it's myself. I've spent far too much time beating myself up because of my poor choices and how some characters died because of it. It's done. It's over. With Kenny and Luke arguing and such I'd just leave.

• You can enjoy your beans, and I'll enjoy dying knowing I did some good in this god-forsaken world.

Congrats. I'll think about you while I open my can of beans

• Jane has her way and I have mine...

• You either die like a hero or live long enough to see yourself becoming a villain. I choose the first option. My Clementine will prove herself as a good person, even if it will cost her life.

• Honestly if I can save others I will but clem comes first

• Unfortunately if that happened Clementine would end up dying anyway since she would become a determinant character. However, as much as I love Clem, I think I might save the baby. In the walking dead universe everyone will end up dying at one point or another, what really matters isn't when but how.I'd rather die trying to protect an innocent person than in an accident or being killed by someone.

• I'm not too sure as I trust mike and bonnie but all the past experiences in this season makes me feel like being alone is better..

• Morality. I'm preserving Clementine's humanity even if it costs her her life.

• Sorry baby I feel absolutely nothing for, Clementine is on her own now. She won't die like Sarah or Reggie or Walter because she allows some inconvenience like a baby who contributes only eating, sleeping, shitting, and whining to hold her back.

My question is no longer "what is right?" The question is "how is it helping me?" If it ain't, sorry to say I never knew ya.

• It would depend on the situation, but I usually choose the moralistic path.

• Exactly. After Carlos was killed in front of Sarah. I realized she needs someone to be there to help guide her. I wanted to, then she died and I said to myself "well, she was my ticket to contribute some good and 'pay it forward'. But fuck it, now I'm on my own, completely."

I will not allow ANYBODY to hold Clementine back from her own survival. I no longer am concerned with petty personal salvation or awaking inner beauty, I just want to live. The hell with the rest.

HarjKS posted: »

Sorry it's myself. I've spent far too much time beating myself up because of my poor choices and how some characters died because of it. It's done. It's over. With Kenny and Luke arguing and such I'd just leave.

• edited August 2014

As Lee or Clementine it has already happened that I considered some people such a burden that I wouldn't put my life at ultimate risk for them.

But they had (in my eyes) screwed up big time or proven they were liabilities because of their unredeeming psychological flaws. (once again, in my opinion)

Whereas the baby is just ...a baby. He's vulnerable not because he makes stupid decisions, or because he won't listen to good advice, or because he acts crazy... He puts us as risk but he can't help it at all.

And if I decide his life is not worthy taking a life risk and that all that matters is my own survival before anything else, even the one thing all beings normally protect to their death = offspring of their own species (was the scene with the raccoon and her cubs intented to remind us that?), I finally go full cynical and choose the path of absence of moral values.

From this moment I couldn't be able to blame adult survivors who would behave the same towards me as Clementine, 11 year old, and would not go out of their way to help me... Or I would be a damn hypocrite.

So I would save the baby because in the end I don't want to go full cynical.

• I'm not listening to a hypocrite and a moral coward.

• Survival is all that matters, you either die with your humanity or you live with whatever of it you've managed to scrape by with. Of course your gonna have to throw some of it away to make it through. Myself and my family come before anyone else, other people are not my problem. Of course I'm not gonna leave people behind for the hell of it. If I think I can help them out then sure but otherwise I'm willing to do what I have to and get through with the people I care about. However, I don't often forget a favor, if someone is in danger and I know they're looking out for me you can be damn sure I'll put my life on the line for them.

• Im not going to let a baby die.

• Hopefully, it wont come to that extreme, but my Clementine is a good and selfless person at heart and she wouldnt sacrifice anyone to save her own skin.

You either die like a hero or live long enough to see yourself becoming a villain. I choose the first option. My Clementine will prove herself as a good person, even if it will cost her life.

• Maybe you're being too hard on yourself. When a situation arises, in real life, where you do have to make a split second choice, you might surprise yourself. A lot of people do.

DomeWing333 posted: »

Based on my actions so far in the game, I'd probably do the moral thing. Of course, this being a video game, it's quite easy to be

• Me too.

if it were real life and the walkers were after the baby, I'd sacrifice myself to save him.

KCohere posted: »

Im not going to let a baby die.

• Save the baby and not get bitten. Clementine makes the impossible possible.

• Two points.

1) I used to volunteer as an EMT, and there's an axiom that we have that doesn't always sit right with people when they first learn it: "The EMT that becomes a victim is no help to anyone." E.g. when you get to an unsafe scene where there are victims like a gunfight or where there are downed power lines and it hasn't been deemed safe to enter, if you do enter, you'll just likely end up getting hurt yourself. And then you won't be able to help save others. People might want to act the hero, but it's usually just foolish to do so, as there would be more people ending up dead than alive.

This is of course, a certain situation. Once you know it's safe, you go do your job and help people. In the OP, it's a choice between saving the baby or certainly dying so it's not the same.

2) The fact that it's a baby. I took a Bioethics course once where we were given a situation that a pregnant woman will deliver her baby and the woman will die, or you can abort the baby and save the mother's life. If we were the father in that scenario, would you prefer the woman you've built a life with and learned to love, or a new individual who you've never met? If I had to choose, I'd go with the mom, as I'd know her and love her, and wouldn't be able to sacrifice her for, essentially, a stranger. I would feel terrible about the baby and how it's an innocent, but there you are.

• Of course, it would have to be in a situation where I would know that the baby doesnt die because I did and he has no one to care for him.

Me too. if it were real life and the walkers were after the baby, I'd sacrifice myself to save him.

• True.

KCohere posted: »

Of course, it would have to be in a situation where I would know that the baby doesnt die because I did and he has no one to care for him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.