Kenny - Jane

edited August 2014 in The Walking Dead

First off, sorry if someone has already made a thread/post about this same opinion. Mods, feel free to merge if thats the case.

So, lets talk about the Kenny-Jane fight. I personally strongly back Kenny in this situation. I mean really, Jane was clearly looking for a fight. She wanted to bring out the worst in Kenny in order to win Clementine over to her side, and she was willing to kill him in order to do so. I know the baby wasn't Kenny's, but in a way, it was. Kenny felt like a parent, and he was very protective. So with Jane pretending that she may or may not have killed his baby, it is only fair that Kenny would have a violent response. At any point in the fight Jane could have said that the baby was fine back in the truck. But no, she was only interested in getting rid of Kenny, even if that meant killing him. At one point in the fight you succesfully seperate the two, and Jane whips out her knife and goes for the kill.

So when it came down to it, it was an easy decision to not shoot Kenny. It would have been just straight messed up to kill him here, in my opinion. Keep in mind that I really liked Jane. I spent the whole episode leveling with her and tried to work her issues out with Kenny. I can understand her not being able to bring herself to agree with the guy, but she took things way too far.

Comments

• Looking away was the evil of the two. As much as I love Kenny, I can't simply just.. look away, y'know? I ditched Jane though.

• You don't think shooting Kenny in the head was evil...? After Jane maniuplated him into a fight and then tried to kill him?

I guess looking away was kind of bad too, but it beats the alternative.

Mazdamaxsti posted: »

Looking away was the evil of the two. As much as I love Kenny, I can't simply just.. look away, y'know? I ditched Jane though.

• Too far? You mean like savagely beating a defenseless teenager? Trying to play dictator with the truck and the boat? Abandoning the group at the cabin to be killed off one by one to buy a little more time? Watching as Lee nearly died in the pharmacy (in my playthrough)? I'm not seeing this nobility everybody else seems to see in him.

• I am only talking about the Kenny-Jane fight in of itself, and what was right and not right to do in that situation. I'm not even going to address your other points because they are irrelevant.

BipedalP posted: »

Too far? You mean like savagely beating a defenseless teenager? Trying to play dictator with the truck and the boat? Abandoning th

• Everything leading up to that point is relevant.

Belan posted: »

I am only talking about the Kenny-Jane fight in of itself, and what was right and not right to do in that situation. I'm not even going to address your other points because they are irrelevant.

• edited August 2014

I think shooting kenny was a bad choice for people in my opinion like ya said jane wanted to get in clems innercircle of trust by getting kenny out of the pictureframe so i looked away as jane got stabbed she derserved it for trying to set off kennys temper you and me are great thinkers jane is unpredictable so kenny we can trust since hes a kind loving person he loves that baby like his own son he had at 1 time duck and begged so they got into wellington let me just say that was a tear jerking ending when i went into wellington when kenny walked away and the doors closed i bet we will see kenny at wellington in 3 months if they do a time skip since they said they might be accepting new member in a couple months so if u chose stay at wellington ull proably see kenny coming back to try to join within in the timeskip if there is 1 and if you went with kenny you will come back with him in 3 months to try to get a open spot in the wellington community overall the kenny ending tops the jane endings and the alone endings
    and overall what she said about kennys family and his girlfriend sarita was very hurtful and disrespectful to say about a mans dead family and dead girlfriend jane was colder then icecubes in the north pole and let me just say kenny is da man anyday over jane

• edited August 2014

Not when deciding who was at fault in the situation or not.

Unless you admit that the situation had nothing to do with your decision, and you were just waiting for a chance to kill him. If so, I don't think you're better than the guy you hate.

Everything leading up to that point is relevant.

• I saved Jane, and i regret only that she didn't go to Wellington

Jane is better than Kenny, cause Jane knows how to survive and isn't broken like Kenny

TeamJane xD

You don't think shooting Kenny in the head was evil...? After Jane maniuplated him into a fight and then tried to kill him? I guess looking away was kind of bad too, but it beats the alternative.

• No situation happens in a vacuum. The preceding conditions must always be taken into account.

I didn't hate Kenny. I saw him as a threat. He was like Shane. I wanted to reconcile the situation but when push came to shove I knew that it had to be him that had to go.

Not when deciding who was at fault in the situation or not. Unless you admit that the situation had nothing to do with your decision, and you were just waiting for a chance to kill him. If so, I don't think you're better than the guy you hate.

• If it is you guys need to keep in mind that Kenny was the one who indirectly caused the situation in the first place

Everything leading up to that point is relevant.

• edited August 2014

No situation happens in a vacuum. The preceding conditions must always be taken into account.

Yes, but it shouldn't effect your ability to understand right from wrong. Jane was clearly in the wrong in the situation. You were simply taking advantage of the situation for your own purposes. Again, I don't think that makes you better than the man you're killing. If you're fine with that, then whatever. I just don't see any justification for your actions.

I wanted to reconcile the situation but when push came to shove I knew that it had to be him that had to go.

Push came to shove? Jane clearly maniuplated him.. and then tried to kill him. By your logic you should have killed them both.

No situation happens in a vacuum. The preceding conditions must always be taken into account. I didn't hate Kenny. I saw him as

• You're being generous with the 'indirect' caveat.

SadCat posted: »

If it is you guys need to keep in mind that Kenny was the one who indirectly caused the situation in the first place

• How? Jane made it look like she killed his baby... on purpose. With full intention that it wouild bring out the worst in Kenny.

SadCat posted: »

If it is you guys need to keep in mind that Kenny was the one who indirectly caused the situation in the first place

• She didn't make it look like she killed the baby. She made it look like the baby had died. There's a big difference. His reaction of kill first don't ask questions at all is pretty self explanatory.

How? Jane made it look like she killed his baby... on purpose. With full intention that it wouild bring out the worst in Kenny.

• She MADE it look like she killed the baby? What? Nothing of the sorts was said...

She said something like "I'm sorry." That doesn't mean anything. No, her point was that Kenny would jump the gun and assume she killed the baby. So, as always, he wasn't thinking... at all. And again, he was a direct danger to the survival of the group.

Honestly though... If Jane was just up front with me about her plan, I would've been on board.

How? Jane made it look like she killed his baby... on purpose. With full intention that it wouild bring out the worst in Kenny.

• edited August 2014

What do you think the entire point of that scene was? It was to make it look like she killed the baby without actually coming out and saying it. It was to make look Kenny look bad in Clem's eyes. If Jane had just straight up said that she had killed the baby, Clem clearly would not have sided with her in that situation. If Jane actually wanted to come up with a full fleshed accident excuse she would have explained it. But again, that would have been counter productive... because she was not trying to talk Kenny down and explain herself. She was trying to do the opposite.

She didn't make it look like she killed the baby. She made it look like the baby had died. There's a big difference. His reaction of kill first don't ask questions at all is pretty self explanatory.

• "What do you think the entire point of that scene was? It was to make it look like she killed the baby without actually coming out and saying it. It was to make look Kenny look bad in Clem's eyes. If Jane had just straight up said that she had killed the baby, Clem clearly would not have sided with her in that situation. If Jane actually wanted to come up with a full fleshed accident excuse she would have explained it. But again, that would have been counter productive... because she was not trying to talk Kenny down and explain herself. She was trying to do the opposite."

She MADE it look like she killed the baby? What? Nothing of the sorts was said... She said something like "I'm sorry." That doe

• the kenny song haha xD

• She never once implied that she killed the kid, Kenny made the assumption and went into a bloodrage. Kenny was off his rocker. Kenny revealed his true colors on his own. He didn't even stop to ask questions because as always he thought he had the answer. Once his mind is made up there's no convincing him - not about the boat, not about the truck, not about staying or leaving, not about north or south, not about Arvo, and certainly not about Jane. He was a timebomb and he demonstrated that he was going to detonate and everyone in his blast radius was going to go down with him.

What do you think the entire point of that scene was? It was to make it look like she killed the baby without actually coming out

• Makes me feel superior to the easily manipulated people who shot Kenny. Jane could have easily gotten her point hat Kenny is unstable across and not have Kenny killed by telling the truth but it as obvious she wanted Cowmentine all to herself and so she needed to remove the only obstacle to havin Clementine

Lehfeels posted: »

I think shooting kenny was a bad choice for people in my opinion like ya said jane wanted to get in clems innercircle of trust b

• You were manipulated by your own sentimentality. I knew Kenny was unstable from Season 1. Even before Kenny was presumed dead I chose Christa and Omid for that very reason. I knocked his block off in the train. Kenny stayed with the boat when I went for Clem because he was too petty to go with Ben.

Do the words "Dunning-Kruger effect" mean anything to you?

Smoughstein posted: »

Makes me feel superior to the easily manipulated people who shot Kenny. Jane could have easily gotten her point hat Kenny is unsta

• edited August 2014

She never once implied that she killed the kid

Not directly, no. But she did her best to make it look like she did without actually saying so. If she wanted it to look like an accident and talk Kenny down she would have done so. But nope, she didn't even try. Because she was intentionally making herself look guilty in Kenny's eyes.

He didn't even stop to ask questions because as always he thought he had the answer.

His baby is dead and you can't bring yourself to understand why he would be in a blood rage. Wow. After everything else he has gone through as well? It was up to Jane to explain herself, but all she was interested in doing was making it look like she had killed the kid.

She never once implied that she killed the kid, Kenny made the assumption and went into a bloodrage. Kenny was off his rocker. Ken

• Who jumped the gun? It wasn't Jane.

And come on now, you think anything would calm Kenny down? He needed someone to point his finger at and blame. He could've asked calmly and waited to hear what she had to say. Kenny kept asking the same questions without letting Jane say a thing. No, he clearly wanted her dead for a long time.

"I will fucking end you." Remember when he said this after Jane was (admittedly, inappropriately) asking about Duck and Katjaa? He just needed a reason to kill her after she had the gall to speak against him and oppose his suicidal bullshit plan.

"What do you think the entire point of that scene was? It was to make it look like she killed the baby without actually coming out

• edited August 2014

Shooting Kenny wasn't evil, it just had to be done. I mean he was going insane and he didn't listen to anybody. He knew that himself. I ended up shooting him and just going with Jane. Plus, I thought Wellington was just a lie anyways. Jane didn't want to kill him, she just wanted to leave him. It was a bad plan but I understood why she did it. Those 2 weren't gonna survive together for any while longer. Different mindsets, and idea, plus, I wasn't gonna let Clem leave from Jane, a expert in living in an apocalypse, so yeah. Kenny was a good guy, but I never really had any feelings for him like the rest of the Telltale community does. Not saying that his family's death wasn't tragic or anything. But he's had enough and he wanted to die. It's better like that anyways. At least he doesn't have to deal with all the pain he had anymore...In my story

You don't think shooting Kenny in the head was evil...? After Jane maniuplated him into a fight and then tried to kill him? I guess looking away was kind of bad too, but it beats the alternative.

• edited August 2014

Jane wanted to prove to Clem that Kenny had gone off the deep end. Jane cares about Clem and is willing to come back and risk her life to show Clem the truth about Kenny. She knows what she did was wrong, but in her defense it's the only way she can prove to Clem Kenny is dangerous. Through the entire episode her and the others have the same concerns surrounding Kenny, which is the main reason Bonnie and Mike went with Arvo. All of them knew he was dangerous, besides Clem. Kenny is completely obsessed with that baby, only because it brings back memories of Duck. If something were to happen to that baby under Clem's watch there's no doubt in my mind he would attack Clem. If that baby dies, it would be like Kenny is reliving the death of his son over again. That's what the obsession for that baby stems from.

Jane never made it out like she killed the baby, she came in the rest stop as if something may have happened and he doesn't give her the time to explain herself. Now let's say something would have happen to the baby, something out of her control that she couldn't prevent. He would of killed her without knowing the full story. Would that have been just? Kenny misses his family and his regret of not being able to save them have drove him mad. He even realizes this, as he tells Clem her shooting him was the right decision. All Jane was trying to do is show Clem the monster that everyone else saw, and I can't fault her for that. She truly cares for Clem, and her coming back and risking her life for Clem is enough to convince me of how genuine she really is.

• that's the great thing about Kenny's character in this series..... while choices don't really matter much in the overall storyline, with Kenny, they make a huge difference.... if you play the 'oppose Kenny' dialogue, he's the biggest asshole in the game.... but if you play the 'support Kenny' side, he's the most loyal friend you'll have.... hot headed and flies off the handle, sure... but in the end, if you stick with him, he sacrifices everything to protect Clem and AJ

You were manipulated by your own sentimentality. I knew Kenny was unstable from Season 1. Even before Kenny was presumed dead I ch

• bonnie was a bitch out for blood and kenny has turned insane, i let kenny kill her and then killed him

• That's also his biggest problem. He's only loyal when it's easy. It's always about what his plans are. Disagree with him and it's done. It didn't matter that I carried the burden of killing Duck for him. It didn't matter that I killed the child walker in the attic or that I defended Duck at the pharmacy. I didn't kill Larry or steal from the station-wagon and it was all over from there.

that's the great thing about Kenny's character in this series..... while choices don't really matter much in the overall storyli

• Jane said it was an accident. For all anyone knew it was. Kenny trying to kill her was not right. I was with Kenny all the way. I held him above all other characters in season2. But once I saw what he had become. I had to shoot him, I left Jane. Groups never seem to work.

What do you think the entire point of that scene was? It was to make it look like she killed the baby without actually coming out

• Jane is a clever girl. That's why I saved her.

• edited August 2014

Who jumped the gun? It wasn't Jane.

You don't think it was reasonable that his emotions took control of him because of "his" baby child being supposedly dead? When you couple that with what Kenny knows about Jane and the fact that an accident doesn't seem very plausible in the situation, it only makes sense that he would explode. Anyone would. The point is, Jane did nothing to explain her actions at all. That only made her look all the more guilty. I was on board with Kenny in thinking that she had killed the kid.

And come on now, you think anything would calm Kenny down?

Yes. Its not impossible to calm Kenny down throughout the game, or even that episode. No point in assuming either way really.

No, he clearly wanted her dead for a long time.

That isn't based on anything at all..

Certainly was not "clear"

"I will fucking end you." Remember when he said this after Jane was (admittedly, inappropriately) asking about Duck and Katjaa? He just needed a reason to kill her after she had the gall to speak against him and oppose his suicidal bullshit plan.

He had clearly calmed about that after he first stopped the truck, even to the point that he was worried about Jane's saftey and asked her to stay in the truck while he scouted out the area. This also shows that he trusted her, considering she could have taken the truck and driven off at any time.

his suicidal bullshit plan

Have you not seen the ending where they make it to Wellington and everything is fine? Looks like Kenny was right after all.

Who jumped the gun? It wasn't Jane. And come on now, you think anything would calm Kenny down? He needed someone to point his f

• When you were stuck with the choice and no knowledge of what she did, plus the wording. Looking away just seems... bad.

• Humanity is lost with people like Jane.
    I chose the family, Kenny and Alvie. They all need each other.

• edited August 2014

But is a cold girl too she set off kennys short fuse temper by saying things about his dead wife and kid and his dead girlfriend sarita she set kenny over the edge to get in clems innercircle of trust she derserved to die in my opinion she was sketchy unpredictable sure clever but she is a cold person kenny atleast cared about the kids put himself last and got the kids into wellington kenny is a down to earth guy he just tries to think whats best for his group at times jane wanted to abandon sarah sure sarah lost her dad but abandoning someone isint good either jane caused luke to not see the herd causing some deaths i just think kenny is kinder and such jane put the baby there also to make kenny angry just so she could get rid of kenny and have clementine all for herself overall i think the kenny endings beat the jane endings and the alone endings but you have a opinion and im fine with it

Tamta posted: »

Jane is a clever girl. That's why I saved her.

• Exactly. Jane instigated that entire showdown... and did so on purpose. I'm not going to let that come between who Kenny truly is as a person.

Men-an-Tol posted: »

Humanity is lost with people like Jane. I chose the family, Kenny and Alvie. They all need each other.

• edited August 2014

Man we have good thinkers here like this fine gentleman named men an tol jane is cold as ice cubes while kennys heart is as warm and kind as christmas morning kenny took them to wellington and overall jane wanted to leave sarah and she had the dirty with luke and a herd came and sarah died over it she caused a fight with kenny she earned her death kenny is the true family aj and clementine and kenny are 1 big happy family

Humanity is lost with people like Jane. I chose the family, Kenny and Alvie. They all need each other.

• edited August 2014

And overall the entire telltale forums members are smart and elegant writers cant wait to see more posts from belan and more from many other members since you guys write very good posts

• Now that is subjective.

I'm just glad I had a chance to end Kenny's story in season 2.

KENNY NOT CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 3!!!!

• Kenny has lost his mind. He proved it this entire episode. Hell this was going to happen. If not with Jane then with someone else. He wouldn't even listen to Clem begging him to listen to reason. Mike and Bonnie left because they were afraid of him and honestly who could blame them? I'm not saying Jane was right in what she did... Honestly that was a stupid move but to pretend Kenny is some perfect saint for jumping straight to murder when Jane said the baby is dead is 10x worse. Jane didn't even know how right she was.

So you side with Kenny Knowing Kenny's state of mind relies completely on that baby. Whats going to happen to you Kenny fans' Clem if the baby dies and there's no Jane there? Its ok I'm sure Clem would've deserve it for "manipulating Kenny"

• Thats right. I'd shoot him again and he admits it before dying that he let everyone down. He was insane. I see it no more evil than putting down a rabid dog.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.