User Avatar Image

NOOOO! Cant play wallace and Gromit!!!

posted by Lachlan_is on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
I am able to play the W&G demo, at first it froze up and didnt work, so i retryed and it worked perfectly, but the full game is having a boxing fight with my computer, I am able to get past the intro movie, but after controlling gromit for about 0.000000000001 seconds the game gets "DLL Error" "The Game must close".

I have encountered this problem in other games but they wouldve worked the second time I try, but for W&G Ive opened it 20 times but no dice.

Is there a way to fix this DLL Error without having to mod my computer more than a Wii, or having to cange computers, like a graphics upgrade or something?

Thank you in advance for responses,
Lachlan_is (human)
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm having the same problem: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8022

It works for me only if every time, at the beginning, I play the introduction, followed by the tutorial that I have to complete in order to gain access to saved games.

If I try to start the game or play the tutorial from the main menu, it crashes with a DX9 DLL error.
    Drats!
  • ZiglioNZ;120489 said:
    I'm having the same problem: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8022

It works for me only if every time, at the beginning, I play the introduction, followed by the tutorial that I have to complete in order to gain access to saved games.

If I try to start the game or play the tutorial from the main menu, it crashes with a DX9 DLL error.
    Drats!
    Is there no room in this gaming world for primitive computer owners such as us?!?
  • Lachlan_is;120501 said:
    Is there no room in this gaming world for primitive computer owners such as us?!?
    he he, I don't know exactly what you mean. I've been playing graphic adventures since Zak McKraken and LSL1. But I've never had hardware fast enough for the current geneneration of games.
    I played Monkey Island 1 on an IBM laptop, weighing 7kg, with two 3.5''/720KB floppy drivers and with 640x200 (yep!) B&W CGA.
    What I also love about graphic adventures is that they're still enjoyable even on an old computer.
    Well, until: Wallace&Gromit 1 :-/
  • Hey Lach, what kind of video card do you have? Have you tried updating the drivers?
  • Will;120553 said:
    Hey Lach, what kind of video card do you have? Have you tried updating the drivers?
    I dont know, its pretty old, I can do some investigationing, and how do update the drivers? is that manual or can i do it via software of some sort
  • To update the drivers, we first need to figure out what kind of video card you have.

Go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
  • Will;120606 said:
    To update the drivers, we first need to figure out what kind of video card you have.

Go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:

Name: SiS 661FX
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz
    Main Driver: SiSGRV.dll
    Version: 6.14.0010.3611 (English)
    Date: 10/8/2004 11:08:16

Thanks for reading
  • SO... do I need to replace my graphics card or something? and if I do, can you reccomend a card that will give wallace and gromit a crystal clear image, cause with sam and max season 2 and sbcg4ap ive had lots of... whats the name......... image graphics problems I think its called, so the gameplay is fine but the images in the background, the walls and the characters themselves had terrible imagery with the images jumping alot
  • I need to keep this post alive! Clear...... Charging.... CLEAR!!!
  • Telltale support doesn't work weekends. I'm sure they'll get to this thread again ASAP on Monday. Chill. :)
This discussion has been closed.