User Avatar Image

Is it a wrong choice to let Clementine smoke and drink?

posted by greenetea on - Viewed by 14.1K users

The youngsters group members like Jane, Luke, Bonnie, Mike, Nick seem to don't mind Clementine drink alcohol and smoke cigarette. Was Kenny right about them being bad influence to Clementine?

185 Comments
  • It seems she didn't like it very much anyway, and it's the ZA. Does it matter?

• Everybody have to try it once in their life... even Clementine

• User Avatar Image
    Butt-head BANNED

Smoking and drinking - bad, killing - good.

• Its not right for a 12 years old girl.It might damage her brain or something..Kenny had duck so he knew it was wrong..

• User Avatar Image
      CrazyGeorge BANNED

Don't believe in the DARE propaganda, kids get drunk all the time and are fine. If Clementine wants to have a drink i think she earned it. Its her choice.

• It's not healthy for an undeveloped body to frequently drink alcohol. That's not propaganda, that's fact.

But yeah, a single drink won't do any harm at all.

• Yeah cos Clem has access to a minibar. How the fuck do you think she'll frequently drink alcohol, it's a ZA where Clem is a survivor, not a bartender. Plus her body is much more resistant than usual 11 year olds.

• You must not know Bob Stookey!

• When did I say Clem frequently drinks? Try reading what people actually write.

What I was saying was that underage drinking being unhealthy is not propaganda. I even pointed out a single drink wouldn't harm her.

Jesus, try using your head before commenting.

• Whatever, rage how u want.

• I'm sorry what? What you're saying doesn't make sense.

Guy above me wrote:

Don't believe in the DARE propaganda, kids get drunk all the time and are fine.

I write this, totally unrelated to Clementine:

It's not healthy for an undeveloped body to frequently drink alcohol. That's not propaganda, that's fact.

I wasn't pointing out that it was unhealthy for Clementine. I was pointing out that underage drinking being unhealthy is definately not propaganda.

I rest my case, I'll rather keep my head instead of yours, bye.

What does this even mean? I don't even..

EDIT: Cool, editing your post so I look like an ass. I'm not raging. I was pointing something out to another poster, and you misunderstand my post and rather aggressively point out how stupid I am.

• User Avatar Image
          CrazyGeorge BANNED

That's not propaganda, that's fact.

When you were watching those truth.com commercials i was in the bathroom smoking.

• Cool story bro.

I don't even know what you're talking about. You sound like one the guys who think everyone on the internet must be American, and therefore watch American commercials.

I'm not basing my opinion on any propaganda commercial, but on common sense and scientific research.

• User Avatar Image
              CrazyGeorge BANNED

You sound like one the guys who think everyone on the internet must be American, and therefore watch American commercials

You sound like a butt hurt European, who always tends to bring this issue up wherever they go.

common sense and scientific research.

What research have you done? Or are you believing what your told because your just one of those people.

• You sound like a butt hurt European, who always tends to bring this issue up wherever they go.

Not really. I actually like USA very much. I just don't like ignorance. We're not all Americans. We don't all watch your commercials. Please don't be ignorant.

What research have you done? Or are you believing what your told because your just one of those people.

Oh, so I have to make my own research do I? Then I guess you don't believe in Einsteins Theory of General Relativity unless you've done your own research? This is science. People who are a hell of a lot smarter than we are use scientific methods to prove their theories. The same goes with medicine.

There has been tons of research made on this already. And yes, I believe in medical research. A hell of lot more than I believe in you, that's for sure.

This is not an opinion nor is it propaganda made to scare people. It's a medical fact.

• User Avatar Image
                  CrazyGeorge BANNED

Please don't be ignorant.

Oh forgive me great European overlord. Your obviously so much smarter than everyone, except Russia.

Then I guess you don't believe in Einsteins Theory of General Relativity unless you've done your own research?

Petty Straw Man tactics don't work on me.

People who are a hell of a lot smarter than we

I can make up my own mind, about things i don't need others to tell me what to think.

I believe in medical research

You mean how drug companies will do whatever it takes to earn a buck, like charging 200 dollars for a pill to someone who is dying. Yes they are thinking about the kids in Africa i'm sure....

This is not an opinion nor is it propaganda made to scare people. It's a medical fact.

People do not know what causes cancer. Stop making unproven claims. Some people think it may be genetic, some people think it is environmental, we don't know or they aren't telling us so they can sell their 200 dollar a pill markup.

• Oh forgive me great European overlord. Your obviously so much smarter than everyone, except Russia.

Cool story bro.

Petty Straw Man tactics don't work on me.

Right.

I can make up my own mind, about things i don't need others to tell me what to think.

This just goes to show how ignorant you really are. Thinking for yourself is one thing. But downright refusing to believe anyone other than yourself.. well, that's just stupid really.

You mean how drug companies will do whatever it takes to earn a buck, like charging 200 dollars for a pill to someone who is dying. Yes they are thinking about the kids in Africa i'm sure....

I'll say it again: we don't all live in America. Some of us live in a magical fairy-tale land with this thing called free health care! Where I come from, nobody charges dying people 200 dollars for a pill. In fact, they don't charge them anything. Tell me again what medical researchers would gain from lying in this case? Please don't tell me you think all medical research comes from private pharmaceutical companies in the US.

Also, I'd like to know what magical 200$ pill you have in the US that they claim can cure lung cancer. Never heard of it personally.

People do not know what causes cancer. Stop making unproven claims. Some people think it may be genetic, some people think it is environmental, we don't know or they aren't telling us so they can sell their 200 dollar a pill markup.

Again, your ignorance is astounding. Yes, nobody knows what causes "cancer". Because cancer is not one thing. There are many different forms of cancer. If you are referring to lung cancer, no smoking doesn't necessarily cause it, but it sure as hell increases your chance of getting it. A lot. Besides, there are other dangers to smoking than just lung cancer. Ever heard of COPD? It's one of the leading causes of death in my country. But sure, it's not dangerous. That's just what they want you to think.

It's a little hard to debate with a person who doesn't believe in research and statistics.

• lol I R EDGY! The only truth is the truth I chose to believe man! Fight the propaganda!

• As a non-american nurse myself who takes care of kids I can assure you it's a fact.

• "kids get drunk all the time" what a great parent/upcoming parent you are

• IT.WILL.DAMAGE.HER.NOT.FULLY.DEVELOPED.BRAIN.Was I clear enough now?

• User Avatar Image
          CrazyGeorge BANNED

Wow people are so mind controlled. It is Clementine's choice if she wants to smoke you can't stop her especially when you been treating her like a adult when you need her help, then treating her like a child because she does something you don't approve of, hippocrates.

• Writing in caps is not a substitute for an argument. Having a sip or two will not cause any damage, even on a twelve year old. If that were the case, than kids should not eat ripe bananas,which can contain 0.6% alcohol. So about five ripe bananas is the same as a small glass of beer.

• User Avatar Image
      KCohere BANNED

What does that mean? Are you trying to say Duck was brain damaged? Lol

• Lee: "DON'T EAT THAT!"

Duck: -Keeps eating-

Starved for Help was saying that. I still miss that dumb little kid, though :(

• That was one of my favorite parts. While Clem drops her fork and everyone else is questioning Lee whats going on Duck is sitting there just going to town on leg o Mark lol.

• User Avatar Image
            KCohere BANNED

Yeah. I liked Duck. I dont know why people were so hateful towards him.

• Well he was a derp for sure. But a loveable one. Some people have no patience for that when competent people are dying all over the place. Plus some people believe its Duck's fault Herschel's son was killed because he ran over the tractor. That could've been an accident or whatever.

I watched a LP that let Sarah die the first chance they got because Sarah was "useless" but I played differently. I don't decide who lives or die based on their usefulness. I don't care what anyone says the detective bit and the Batman/Robin reference makes Duck a winner in my book.

• if she does take a drink it does warm her up when talking to kenny she shivers if she doesn't have a drink so it does help her

• There are no "wrong" choices, really. If you think Clementine is ready for a drink or a smoke, especially since it's the ZA, that's up to you. But personally, I didn't approve.

• Well, she's still 11... No matter how much you hate Kenny, at the end of the day, he didn't want Clem drinking while everyone else was perfectly cool with it.

• User Avatar Image
    CrazyGeorge BANNED

As a 28 year old who smokes and drinks, i let her do both because i figure, What the hell. Its not like its going to kill you. She probably has PTSD, so she needs self medication time. I wouldn't let her drink on a empty stomach though.

• SOmeone got a mvideo where she smokes

• One sip and puff were certainly not going to kill her

• I let her drink with Nick and Jane. I didn't get the option to smoke with Bonnie, but if I did I would say no.

Add Comment