User Avatar Image

Wallace and Gromit shuts down at beginning of game

posted by meretchen on - last edited - Viewed by 561 users
I can watch the opening sequence, but when the game itself begins, the game shuts down without warning after a few seconds. :(

I run it in Windows XP. Graphics set to 1. On an older IBM Thinkpad laptop.

How can I fix this? Anyone? :o
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    You might want to write in to [email]support@telltalegames.com[/email]. It's the weekend so there aren't a ton of folks around, but someone there will try to help you out as soon as they're able.
  • meretchen;122816 said:
    I can watch the opening sequence, but when the game itself begins, the game shuts down without warning after a few seconds. :(

    I run it in Windows XP. Graphics set to 1. On an older IBM Thinkpad laptop.

    How can I fix this? Anyone? :o
    Hi, with my old laptop I experience the same.
    But I can successfully start the game if I always play the demo/introduction first. I can also load the automatically saved game after that.

    My theory is that some graphics elements are loaded in a different order or settings are applied in a different way when playing the introduction so that the DLL crash is avoided.
  • ZiglioNZ;123394 said:
    Hi, with my old laptop I experience the same.
    But I can successfully start the game if I always play the demo/introduction first. I can also load the automatically saved game after that.
    Do you mean the "Tutorial"? Because that does nothing for me. :(
  • meretchen;123396 said:
    Do you mean the "Tutorial"? Because that does nothing for me. :(
    Ok, in order to play for the very first time, it works for me if I play things in this order:
    1 - intro (the animated sequence)
    2 - tutorial

    Next time, when I launch 'fright of the bumblebees' and there's an automatic saved game to load, I have to do:
    1 - play intro
    2 - load automatically saved game

    Hope that'll work for you too
  • ZiglioNZ;123544 said:
    Ok, in order to play for the very first time, it works for me if I play things in this order:
    1 - intro (the animated sequence)
    2 - tutorial

    Next time, when I launch 'fright of the bumblebees' and there's an automatic saved game to load, I have to do:
    1 - play intro
    2 - load automatically saved game

    Hope that'll work for you too
    No, it didn't work. :(
  • meretchen;124143 said:
    No, it didn't work. :(
    rats! :cool:
  • @meretchen What are your laptop specs? Video Card, CPU speed, RAM?
  • Tester Scott;124231 said:
    @meretchen What are your laptop specs? Video Card, CPU speed, RAM?
    I run it in Platform: Win XP
    Graphics set to 1.

    PC: IBM ThinkPad R51

    PC specs:
    Processor: Intel Pentium M
    Processor clock speed 1500 MHz
    Processor front side bus 400 MHz

    Disk drive
    Hard disk drive type
    ATA-100 (Enhanced IDE)
    Total storage capacity
    40 GB

    Display: XGA TFT
    Contrast ratio (typical) 750:1
    Display resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels

    Memory
    Internal memory: 1.2 GB

    Video
    Graphic adapter
    Intel Extreme Graphics 2
    Video adapter resolution
    2048x1536 65536 colors
    Video adapter, bus
    Direct AGP

    Audio
    Audio system: SoundMAX
  • hi - i have the same set up (ibm thinkpad r51) and have exactly the same problem - does anyone have an update?
  • I am having this same problem. Did you guys ever get a solution?
This discussion has been closed.