User Avatar Image

Um, I've never played Monkey Island.

posted by Yellowtail on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Yeah, shame on me.
Anyway, do you think I'll be able to understand it without knowledge of the others?
31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • According to the FAQ, yes. But you should play them anyways :P
  • You might miss some in-jokes (there were a handful like that in Sam & Max) but that'd be the only thing.
  • The special edition of The Secret of Monkey Island looks like a good place to start if you've never played a Monkey Island game before, provided it's released before the first episode of TMI.
  • I haven't played part 4 because of the controls....
    may I will during the next weeks
  • Bruno83;126336 said:
    I haven't played part 4 because of the controls....
    may I will during the next weeks
    Yeah, one of my first thoughts was: "Oh dear, now i finally HAVE to buy part 4" ;) and replay the old ones.
  • Yeah, I'm also making an effort to get through Escape before the series starts. I've been kind of meaning to do it for a while actually, but the controls really are awful.

Maybe Lucasarts will remake it in the same style as SoMI SE, and give it the control scheme it was obviously always meant to have.
  • Uh... for those us who aren't wetting themselves in excitement, what's the big deal? I've heard of the game, but never played them. So what are they about? Anyone care to give a plot summary what has happened? The FAQ is less then helpful in that regard...
  • LuigiHann;126307 said:
    You might miss some in-jokes (there were a handful like that in Sam & Max) but that'd be the only thing.
    What's the current bet on "Pirates of the Caribbean" jokes being in it? :D

np: Tosca - Joe Si Ha (No Hassle (Disc 1))
  • wbwolf;126461 said:
    Uh... for those us who aren't wetting themselves in excitement, what's the big deal? I've heard of the game, but never played them. So what are they about? Anyone care to give a plot summary what has happened? The FAQ is less then helpful in that regard...
    Kinda buried at the very bottom of the "The Tales" page, but: *click me*...

np: Tosca - Elektra Bregenz (No Hassle (Disc 1))
  • Yellowtail;126260 said:
    Yeah, shame on me.
    Anyway, do you think I'll be able to understand it without knowledge of the others?
    You have some catching up to do then.

http://www.ebay.com/
    http://www.scummvm.org/

Trust me. Do it.

Telltale, will you or LucasArts be re-releasing all of the original games (not just the one)? Please?
Add Comment