User Avatar Image

Control Scheme?

posted by RMJ1984 on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users
Yeah the news is outta this world, but before i can preorder, i gotta know, is this bad Wallace & Gromit controls?

Or Good Sam & Max control scheme?

Thanks.
537 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have to agree...I want to play MI with a mouse. I liked MI4 (my least favorite), but I missed controlling the game with the mouse.
  • Well, THAT dark cloud does loom over the horizon...

That and the "get three things to proceed to next puzzle" one...

Unfortunately, after staring mindlessly at Telltale's front page for 5 minutes and before being able to regain control of myself, I pre-ordered the game...

Oh, well. I'm sure we'll be alright.
  • I think Mi 4 was unplayable without mouse. Its the same as with sam n max season3, if there is no maus support i wont buy it
  • While I am excited about MI, I do have to agree... MI needs a good control scheme for PC. The same used in W&G wont do, unless the environment rotates with the keyboard movement which I doubt it does.

Please Telltale, better controls or ideally just Sam & Max style controls.

Telltale, please say something encouraging to this... I want to pre-order already!
  • Yeah you are right with the 3 things to proceed to next puzzle also, that has so gotta go in all their games, and be totally random.

hope we get some replys soon :)
  • Well the game is going to be on wiiware, so I think mouse control to be very likely (by contrast Wallace and Gromit is on XBLA which might explain the weirder controls).

On an unrelated note, I haven't seen any mentions to insult fighting anywhere yet! If there isn't at least one per episode I'll be disappointed :(
  • I think pretty much everyone is hoping for mouse controls. It is the most intuitive way of playing adventure games.
  • This HAS to have mouse controls. C'mon, it's Monkey Island!
  • Considering it's WiiWare... I'm betting on mouse controls.
  • Xocrates;126363 said:
    On an unrelated note, I haven't seen any mentions to insult fighting anywhere yet! If there isn't at least one per episode I'll be disappointed :(
    One per episode? That's crazy talk! Imagine EVERY SINGLE act in EVERY SINGLE Monkey Island game having insult fighting.
Add Comment