User Avatar Image

Please increase the sound quality for voices

posted by neilka on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users
As has been noted in several threads of yore, the sound quality used for voices in past Telltale releases has been lower than some people would like. The voices sound overcompressed and clipped, which is especially evident when a character says the letter "s".

(To head this off at the pass - I realise that some people either don't notice or don't care about this problem, in which case forget you ever read this thread and don't try listening for it!)

With Dominic Armato back on board, it'd be an extraordinary shame for the voices to fall victim to the same problem again. So I beseech you Telltale, please increase the amount of data allocated to voices this time around so that Guybrush's esses (and other letters) can ring out across the Caribbean with the clarity they deserve.

Thank you!
100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yep Eliane was murder to listen to for the first half of the game, absolutely god awful.
  • There is one company and three individuals listed in the credits under Audio Mastering. Have any of these people heard the final product that's reaching customers? Do they think it's acceptable? Listening to Elaine talk is like having your eardrums assaulted with a cheese grater.

Once again, please do something about this Telltale. As mentioned, the situation is getting worse and overshadowing what is otherwise an excellent series so far!
  • I've got the feeling that the overall soundquality in Episode 2 was a new all time low...every voice sounded muffled and some characters (especially Elaine) were hissing every "s" as much as the could.
  • neilka;186118 said:
    There is one company and three individuals listed in the credits under Audio Mastering. Have any of these people heard the final product that's reaching customers? Do they think it's acceptable? Listening to Elaine talk is like having your eardrums assaulted with a cheese grater.

Once again, please do something about this Telltale. As mentioned, the situation is getting worse and overshadowing what is otherwise an excellent series so far!
    This is a good point. I would think that the company that's responsible for the audio mastering might have a real problem with how the final product turned out. After all, even if it's not their fault, people will see their name in the credits and assume they're to blame. What's the name of the company, by the way?
  • Chapter 2 really has an all-time-low. Everytime Elaine speaks, I just hear bits rushing through her mouth. It's incredibly terrible. Stop compressing like that you freaky filesize-must-be-very-low-people.
  • WDeranged;142963 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP5uDNhOiPg - New gameplay footage

Sounds and looks great to me :)
    Hope it will be like this on the DVD version.
  • I still don't see what people are complaining about. I hear NOTHING wrong with it. Frankly, TMI is much better with this than SBCG4AP, where some words are completely skipped.
  • thatdude98;187428 said:
    I still don't see what people are complaining about. I hear NOTHING wrong with it. Frankly, TMI is much better with this than SBCG4AP, where some words are completely skipped.
    turn down music and sound to zero and talk to elaine in the chamber. if you still don't hear the bad sound quality and her hissing S's... happy you....
  • Also Guybrush is very poppy in the chamber.
Add Comment