User Avatar Image

The new Monkey Island logo is green, slightly different font. pls fix

posted by jp-30 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users
In this thread, those of us who are thankful and excited and happy make up ridiculous things to complain about.

Look.

The original MI logo. The font is consistent, and the colours are manly. Purple (well, that's slightly gay), Yellow, and 2x Indy Jones fade.

Classics.

Now... look at this cool new logo. It's $h!+. It's not exactly the same font, and it's not purple/yellow/Indiana Jones.

Even though the new font harkens back to the original, and is more stylish, and the green stands out and is lush like a Tropical Island Palm Tree leaf, Tellatle sucks and I will not buy any of these games until this travesty is fixed.
62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • *rips hair out*

STUPID STUPID! Han shoots first!!!
  • Nail on the head jp-30. That logo is crap.

Now, how about Guybrush! The new model is a horror! Now this is what Guybrush looks like:

Notice that sometimes he's blond, sometimes he's bearded, but never, NEVER has he been both blond and bearded! It just doesn't make sense. Is he a naive waif, or a Mighty Pirate? We can't have it both ways.
  • Sigh. ::begins building gallows::
  • I'm highly offended.
  • Are you guys kidding me? Being a hardcore fan of the original two Monkey Island games is one thing, but seriously, I absolutely love the new logo. Stop complaining and be glad that we're getting any Monkey Island at all. And if you'd rather there be none at all because you're not happy with what you've seen, regardless of the fact you haven't personally played it, no one is forcing you to buy the game.

edit: Can I delete my post now? I just realized this a joke topic. Augh. This is what staying up for long hours does to your mind.
  • linkdragon;128442 said:
    Are you guys kidding me? Being a hardcore fan of the original two Monkey Island games is one thing, but seriously, I absolutely love the new logo. Stop complaining and be glad that we're getting any Monkey Island at all. And if you're rather there be none at all because you're not happy with what you've seen, regardless of the fact you haven't personally played it, no one is forcing you to buy the game.
    Check your sarcasm-detector. I think it's broken.
  • Bagge;128445 said:
    Check your sarcasm-detector. I think it's broken.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that now, thanks. ;)
  • GuyMontague;128411 said:
    Nail on the head jp-30. That logo is crap.

Now, how about Guybrush! The new model is a horror! Now this is what Guybrush looks like:

Notice that sometimes he's blond, sometimes he's bearded, but never, NEVER has he been both blond and bearded! It just doesn't make sense. Is he a naive waif, or a Mighty Pirate? We can't have it both ways.
    The third one looks very out of place, compared to the first two (which look more consistant) :cool:

I don't know that all the complaints that have been voiced here are as silly as this thread wants to make them out to be, though :)
  • Jumping on the bandwagon now if I haven't completely killed this topic.

Oh my god, I'm boycotting Telltale and every other company that starts with the letter 'T' if the poodles from the governor's mansion in SOMI aren't in this new game.
  • I don't like the design of that monkey. It looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.
Add Comment