User Avatar Image

They should make telltale texas hold em 2

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 6.6K users
I love the concept.. and well I love texas hold em.. The key to there being a next game is.. the ability to save your highest score..or highest stack..that would add to the replayability(is that a word?) anyway if you had about 10 characters in the second game.. the ability to play tournaments.. ability to play limit and no limit.. this would turn a really fun game into something you'd play quite often..hey better than solitaire.. If you mix the characters great voice acting and great writing with a game that has a lot of replay value..then you got a winning formuka for the "casual gamer" that telltale seems interested in.. What do you think?
47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • RMJ1984;367101 said:
    Bwahahaha this is gonna be so bloody epic if this is the game :D I can just picture heavy insulting Max or strong you. HEAVY COME FOR YOU!
    That is, of course, assuming that that's what the crossover game turns out to be.
  • It could also be an announcement that the original Telltale Texas Hold'Em is coming to other home consoles, and each of those characters is an exclusive character based on the console. Like, the Heavy would be on the 360 version, Max would be on the PS3 version, and Strong Bad on the Wii version.
  • Yawn.

    Why do we need the exact same game with new character models?

    It's not like Texas Hold-em has changed.
  • Gibbeynator;367507 said:
    It could also be an announcement that the original Telltale Texas Hold'Em is coming to other home consoles, and each of those characters is an exclusive character based on the console. Like, the Heavy would be on the 360 version, Max would be on the PS3 version, and Strong Bad on the Wii version.
    But then that wouldnt be that "these guys would get together" as the trailer says.
  • It doesn't say anywhere that this is another Texas Hold'em game and quite frankly I don't think it will be. As you said, it'd be silly to make a sequel with only different characters.

    If this was a Super Smash Bros game with Telltale characters though, it'd be epic!
  • caeska;367677 said:
    If this was a Super Smash Bros game with Telltale characters though, it'd be epic!
    Hah. I said that on my Twitter the other day. Though games by Telltale have usually not been violent and have been heavy on comedy and storytelling (and puzzles) so a SSB game would be out of character for them...
  • caeska;367677 said:
    It doesn't say anywhere that this is another Texas Hold'em game and quite frankly I don't think it will be. As you said, it'd be silly to make a sequel with only different characters.

    If this was a Super Smash Bros game with Telltale characters though, it'd be epic!
    And yet, they're making 2 full episodic series based on Jurassic Park AND Back to the Future, so I doubt they would have the time or resources to throw a THIRD episodic series in development.
  • It's coming out. see article.
  • Well turns out there is a new poker game. Happy now?
  • Well, that was a bit of a surprise...
Add Comment