User Avatar Image

The release day - why the 7th of July?

posted by rubberchickenwithapulley on - last edited - Viewed by 628 users
Hi

I have been surfing around and cannot find any direct link between the monkey island games and that date.

Is there any particular reason that you have chosen that day for release of the best thing that has ever happend in the adventuregame industry? :D

Regards
Peter
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • it's most likely since that's the time it will be ready to be released. Even now they are still doing the final changes like control issues and such.

oh, plus it's international pirate day. (joking, though I think there is a day called that. Not official though)
  • Talk Like A Pirate day is Sep 19. Wonder if there will be any Easter Eggs if your playing Tales on that day...

www.talklikeapirate.com
  • So does this mean that the game won't be released for the wii and pc at the same time? Sorry if I missed it before. XP
  • They're not sure yet. Though it was mentioned that Wiiware release dates are on Mondays (in NA, anyway) and the 7th is a Tuesday so you might have to wait a week for the Wiiware version.
  • rubberchickenwithapulley;131672 said:
    I have been surfing around and cannot find any direct link between the monkey island games and that date.

Is there any particular reason that you have chosen that day for release of the best thing that has ever happend in the adventure game industry? :D
    Wow, didn't you get the amazing hidden reference??? What till you see what TIME it's released!
  • Yes, it must have a secret relation to the game . I thought I heard once that 7 was a lucky number or something or a number that means perfection...something
  • 7 is the number of God. Cuz its straight and perfect. Anyway i bought the game thinking it was gonna be shipped in a boxset and im kinda like neurotic to think that its only downloadable.

Was wondering what if its deleted or something can i redownload it?
    Also is this game can be bough in a store, cuzz i would really like to have it in a DVD.
  • I'm sure there's just a rigid timetable for episodic games the way Telltale does them, and they know when they're going to have everything squared away when it comes to finishing up the release of Wallace and Gromit, starting the release of Monkey Island, and maybe starting up the concept work on something else.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    I think the 7th just made sense based on our schedule. If 7/7 makes it easier for you to remember, then there's that :)
Add Comment