User Avatar Image

Who loves TellTale Games because of the two new monkey island games?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 782 users
Poll
19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, Telltale is only making one of the two new games.

But I guess it could be argued that there wouldn't be any new MI games if it wasn't for Telltale's success with the genre.
  • Worst poll ever.

What two new Monkey Island games are you referring to?
  • He means the LA remake and the Telltale series.
  • MusicallyInspired;132104 said:
    Worst poll ever.

What two new Monkey Island games are you referring to?
    LOL the 2 new ones that are professionally being made. SE and TMI .
  • Well I love TT for ONE of them seeing as they're only responsible for one.
  • doodo!;132107 said:
    LOL the 2 new ones that are professionally being made. SE and TMI .
    Are there other, non-professional, versions being made? :)

I'd love to see what would be the fan-fiction equivalent of video game making going on with the MI series. To me it seems a game using the original script engine from Lucasarts would be quite easy to put together. Obviously you'd need someone with a dash of artistic talent to make it look good etc.

Games like 7 Days A Skeptic from fullyramlomatic and other similar "indie"-games with limited graphics are awesome for the retro feel of them.
  • There's been loads of MI fan-games over the years. Here's a few games-in-progress you may want to keep your eye on minimoe:

Monkey Island - Carnaval Vudú
    Picaroon - The Lost Years (no longer a MI-based project, but definitely made by some MI-fans!)
    Monkey Island: Daementia

All 3 of these are being made with Adventure Game Studio, the same game engine that brought to the world such great games as 7 Days A Skeptic. :D

And for the record, I'm very happy to see MI back, and in such capable hands as well. As mentioned SMI:SE isn't being brought about by TT, but I think perhaps TT's request to license TMI may have lead to LA's decision to produce it...:rolleyes:
  • I've loved them since they first announced Sam and Max.
  • ghostgurl;132122 said:
    I've loved them since they first announced Sam and Max.
    And there is nothing more to say about that.
  • I believe this is from the new Sam and Max but: I fell so close to Telltale games right now.
    I got tears in my eyes when I found out.
    Not only do they bring back adventure games in big style (yes Sam and Max was great). They also bring back Monkey Island.
    I played the old games so many times I know them by heart.
    But I guess most other people fell the same way.
Add Comment