User Avatar Image

What to call the next season of Tales

posted by Victory63 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
Say if this season of Tales of Monkey island goes successful and a second season is announced, just is it possible for it not to be called Tales of Monkey Island Season 2. Just that to make it more in theme you could say.

Like how they have it with each season of the tv show Red Dwarf, instead of being called Red Dwarf season 2 or season 4, it's called Red Dwarf II and Red Dwarf IV.

So if there is a 2nd season of Tales of Monkey Island, could it be called "Tales of Monkey Island 2" or for more style and even better, call it "Tales of Monkey Island II" to give it that like old feeling :)
90 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • More Tales of Monkey Island?

Also, speaking Red Dwarf - Imagine a TTG game based in that IP!
  • Getting a little ahead of ourselves, are we? :-)
  • If S&M got season 2 and the upcimong 3.... SURELY MI will too?
  • PimPamPet;134816 said:
    Getting a little ahead of ourselves, are we? :-)
    Of course yes but this is like a small precaution say if so that to brace ourselves.

I mean for like the spirit of the Monkey island series in a way, to call season 2 of Tales (if there will ever be one) to be "Tales of Monkey Island II".
  • I like the More Tales of Monkey Island.

I imagine it now:
    Tales of Monkey Island
    More Tales of Monkey Island
    Even More Tales of Monkey Island
    Holy Hell, MORE Tales of Monkey Island?
    Tales of Monkey Island Part Five: The Reckoning
  • @StLouisRibs: looool

i'm not sure i really want another season...
  • :O How can you not want more Guybrush O.O
  • Let's wait and see if THIS season will be any good first, shall we? Remember the last time Guybrush showed up (Escape from Monkey Island)? Simply because it's Monkey Island, doesn't mean it's going to be amazing.
  • PimPamPet;134845 said:
    Let's wait and see if THIS season will be any good first, shall we? Remember the last time Guybrush showed up (Escape from Monkey Island)? Simply because it's Monkey Island, doesn't mean it's going to be amazing.
    Hey! Escape was my favourite. I mean, the Monkey Kombat bit was the worst but other than that you had a descent game.

The only reason it was considred bad was because it didn't sell well in the US since during that time, people wern't into much adventure games anymore. But the game sold very well in Europe and Australia. Plus many major game sites and gaming magazines like IGN etc. gave it high ratings.

So you have no game to blame except yourself US (no offence intended).
  • One step at the time.
Add Comment