User Avatar Image

I can't wait to see the sam and max visual reference in this game !

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
I know that all 4 games, and many lucas arts game from before had a sam and max visual reference in the game. I can't wait to see what Tales does . I wonder how they will put max into the game,.
58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The first Sam and Max was released after the first Monkey Island. I'm pretty sure it was after the second, too, because it looked as pixelated as the first and Sam and Max didn't look nearly as pixelated.

There might have been a Sam & Max referances in 'Curse' and 'Escape'...

Why are you expecting one in 'Tales'?
  • There was a Max reference in MI2 in the costume shop

...and on the 1st floor in DOT (as Hoagie), there may have been one in curse+escape but cant remember
  • Check out the idols:

Very far right, you can see both Sam and Max:
  • That's definitely a reference in the first 2 games.

I'm replaying the MIs on my DS. They're great games.
  • In Curse, you can see Max on the rollercoaster., and you can also change the lights at the play to make a Max head.

I can't remember escape.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Sam & Max were referenced in LucasArts games well before Sam & Max Hit the Road. Max is in Monkey 1 and 2, I think even Indy Last Crusade, as part of a totem pole or something?

Here's a list of many of them on the Sam & Max wiki. Unfortunately not in chronological order, but hey!
  • Jake;136142 said:
    Sam & Max were referenced in LucasArts games well before Sam & Max Hit the Road. Max is in Monkey 1 and 2, I think even Indy Last Crusade, as part of a totem pole or something?

Here's a list of many of them on the Sam & Max wiki. Unfortunately not in chronological order, but hey!
    Thank you for posting this . :)
  • Torin's Passage, a 1995 adventure game by Sierra On-Line, featured two skunks named Sam and Max.
    Wow, that's kind of low! Or kind of HILARIOUS. (Sorry, Steve.)
  • Jake;136142 said:
    I think even Indy Last Crusade, as part of a totem pole or something?
    Yeah, they were in Indy's office
  • I asked about this in the Private Pirates Club, and Mark Darin answered it in a roundabout sort of way.
    MarkDarin;135779 said:
    I dunno... Better check all of those cave drawings, tiki idols and mysterious runes throughout the season. Ya never know...
    PS. This is not a Sam & Max reference by any means, but I found this moment in Curse of Monkey Island to be rather amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBa1xyCx_4

"If you squint and turn your head, it looks like a bunny."
Add Comment