User Avatar Image

Wallace & Gromit in Muzzled! review

posted by Jonah on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Posted my review of Muzzled - you can check it here.

It's the best episode of W&G so far.
15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Glad you liked it! There's some awesome stuff in this episode.
  • User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Jonah;136871 said:
    Posted my review of Muzzled - you can check it here.

It's the best episode of W&G so far.
    Hey, that's sooooo not fair! :) It's 10AM here, and it's gonna be a busy day, I won't have a chance at the game until late evening! I can hardly wait, though. :cool:
  • Quite a bit of hype with this one, eh? Looking forward to play it :D
  • It really is the best episode so far. The voice acting alone on Monty is the best you've had yet and the end setup is brilliant! I also felt extremely sorry for twitch all the way through. Good work guys :D
  • I personally loved the "cliffhanger" with Felicity Flitt. Wallace's expressions are priceless.
  • You can see what it does in the background. Basically, the textures are reduced in quality.
  • Jonah;137173 said:
    You can see what it does in the background. Basically, the textures are reduced in quality.
    Took a quick glance at the engine code. Here's what the different quality levels represent right now. They might change in the future:

1-3: Pixel Shader 1.0
    4-6: Pixel Shader 2.0
    7-9: Pixel Shader 3.0 - Full screen effects.
  • I have to be honest I was a bit disappointed with this episode. I'm not one to normally complain about the length of Telltale's games, but this definitely seemed to have very few puzzles compared to the excellent Last Resort especially.

I was also surprised to find the overall quality of the episode seemed lacking, in terms of glitches (the map glitch, numerous graphical glitches) I also thought Monty's voice sounded out of place when in conversation with Wallace, it sounded as if it needed "softening".

So not a bad episode by any means, but it seemed to me to lack that Telltale polish that I have come to expect.

The writing however was still top notch, so I hope this is a lapse (blame it on E3) and the season finale will be a return to form.
Add Comment