User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Ch. 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal - Narwhal has Launched

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 6.8K users
New thread now that the game's out! Looking for the original anticipation thread? it's here.

Tales of Monkey Island
Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Monkey Island's back after far too long away, returning July 7th with the first of a five-chapter story, "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal." Woo! What will happen? We don't want to tell, but some people love to guess.

It's out!

Already own the game?
Download it!

Lookin for the demo?
Demo it!

More info about Tales of MI
On the official site!
Also the FAQ!

Buy it...
... from the store!

Game's out! Everyone who's playing it... let's talk about it!
271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yay Monkey Island !

Downloading now :)

Thanks TTG's
  • just played the opening scene- absolutely brilliant guys well done, great to hear dominic again and of course the fantastic MI music. as soon as that came on i could feel the smile spreading across my face. this is gonna be good :)

cant wait to get stuck into it... tomorrow, its 01:20 here in the UK now. well worth staying up for though

keep up the good work

cheers
  • Please what is wrong? I am getting a pop-up message from website "errorundefined" and the game is not opening. I have downloaded games before - not a neophyte - so, please what is wrong here?
  • Same here, the opening scene is wonderful. It's late so I can't continue, but now I'm REALLY looking forward to play it tomorr... later today :D

EDIT: It should run anyways? I get that too but it continues. Try downloading it again?
  • Yeah, couldn't really go to bed without knowing that it had been released or playing it a bit. At first, I was kinda disappointed by the graphics (I hadn't really looked at any screenshots closely), but as soon as I arrived on Flotsam Island and saw the utterly - and I mean UTTERLY - unfixable boat, I knew I was going to enjoy this immensely. It's probably been ten years since I last saw humour like this in a game.

Off to bed. Can't wait to play tomorrow - maybe I can install it at work? :)
  • Caribbean Queen;149605 said:
    Please what is wrong? I am getting a pop-up message from website "errorundefined" and the game is not opening. I have downloaded games before - not a neophyte - so, please what is wrong here?
    same here...
  • I'm getting the same message, but the game is moving very slow.
  • The errorundefined message seems to be a scripting error in the webpage the game calls, but it shouldn't affect the actual game. As it's pointing somewhere dynamically, if you can wait for a bit (e.g. go to bed now), it might magically be fixed by the Telltale elves anyway.

If you can't PLAY, then there's a problem - and that's probably unrelated to THAT error message. I had to install Direct X for example - even though I'm on Vista and first skipped it because I thought I didn't need it.
  • It keeps saying there's a connection error, my internet is working and I've tried both username/password and serial number :(
Add Comment