i just realised *SPOILER ALERT*

guybrush notices a skull with a candle on its head in voodoo ladys house, and enquires to see if its murray. it .

so murray isnt in this episode.... hope they bring him in. also hope they bring the cannibals back hehe

Comments

• edited July 2009
    There's a lot of references in the game. One is where no one likes the glass blower's freebies.
  • edited July 2009
    One about Stan! :p
  • edited July 2009
    And U-TUBE!
  • edited July 2009
    And the bird is the word. Or is it?
  • edited July 2009
    and cheese!!!
  • edited July 2009
    I got the Wallace and Grommit cheese reference too. Also, if you click on the pillar as you leave the dock for the jungle, he references Indiana Jones by saying "I dont have the [something], education or fedora to decipher these symbols" or something to that effect.
  • edited July 2009
    the education, jacket or fedora ;)
  • OdiOdi
    edited July 2009
    Anech wrote: »
    And U-TUBE!

aaaaahahaha :D thanks dude, i didn't even get that one!
  • edited July 2009
    I was confused on that one. I was wondering if that was done on purpose.
  • edited July 2009
    One about Stan! :p

YEAH! Who was it again... someone said they bought something from a crazy talking guy in a plaid shirt :D
  • edited July 2009
    Also that the bombs are Stan's own brand
    Finally, something of his that works well! :D
  • edited July 2009
    Don't forget "I'm selling these fine leather jackets"
  • edited July 2009
    And the bird is the word. Or is it?

I've been reliably informed that the bird is, in fact, the word XD
  • edited July 2009
    "I'm selling these fine leather jackets" :)
  • edited July 2009
    "Amputate? Isn't that a little rash?"

I can't be the ONLY one who remembers Curse... ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Chuck the Plant!
  • edited July 2009
    the scarriest closet in the world
  • edited July 2009
    Trapping your hand in tar is also a reference to another great game.
  • edited July 2009
    I got the Wallace and Grommit cheese reference too. Also, if you click on the pillar as you leave the dock for the jungle, he references Indiana Jones by saying "I dont have the [something], education or fedora to decipher these symbols" or something to that effect.

What was it? I didn't catch any Wallace and Gromit cheese jokes, feeling rather let down here... Of course, I haven't used the cheese for anything so far, by the way. So if the joke involves doing anything other than picking the cheese up, please respond in spoiler mode.
  • edited July 2009
    Even the rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle got a mention :)
    Hope Murray is in at least one of the episodes even if just a little role :D
  • edited July 2009
    So if the joke involves doing anything other than picking the cheese up, please respond in spoiler mode.
    It's not when you pick it up.
    Look for the reference when you use it on something.
  • edited July 2009
    Also, the reference is visual, not textual. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Guybrush mentions Murray a couple of times when clicking on different skulls around the area. Murray was a favorite of mine so I hope he shows!

Also, I loved the reference to Guybrush's aversion to porcelain and the third nipple!
  • edited July 2009
    Chuck the Plant getting an appearance made me very happy.
    He's even useful in this game!
  • edited July 2009
    I really liked: "I don't really have the education, jacket or fedora to properly interpret ambiguous ancient carvings. " oh and of course U-Tube
  • edited July 2009

...rash? that's a baaaaaad sign!
  • edited July 2009
    The Blade Runner joke was my favourite in the game. Just perfectly executed. :)
  • edited July 2009
    atwupack wrote: »
    Trapping your hand in tar is also a reference to another great game.

Which is...(sorry, havent played that many old games)(wasnt into PC games If thats what the game was on.)
  • edited August 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Which is...(sorry, havent played that many old games)(wasnt into PC games If thats what the game was on.)

I think he's talking about night of raving deads, in the second sammax's season. Well, I also played it, but I didn't catch the reference :D

A question: chuck the plant? Is that refered at a monkey island? I can't remember any chuck the plant
  • edited August 2009
    loaldnt wrote: »
    I think he's talking about night of raving deads, in the second sammax's season. Well, I also played it, but I didn't catch the reference :D

A question: chuck the plant? Is that refered at a monkey island? I can't remember any chuck the plant

Chuck the Plant is from Manic Mansion, first Lucasfilm adventure game. Boy, am I old...
  • edited August 2009
    Chuck the Plant is from Manic Mansion, first Lucasfilm adventure game. Boy, am I old...

oh lol, the prequel of day of tentacle. I play a little bit of this...
  • edited August 2009

"Rash? That's a baaaaaaaad sign!"

ahem, sorry! back to ToMI...
  • edited August 2009
    Did anyone find any sbcg4ap references yet, ot are some of these homestar references.
  • edited August 2009
    loaldnt wrote: »
    oh lol, the prequel of day of tentacle. I play a little bit of this...

And Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade... although that one was already a spoof...
  • edited August 2009
    Haha, and another one is at the start of the first chapter.
    Guybrush says "You fight like a.." Refered to "You fight like a dairy farmer".
    This is used in ALL the games of monkey island
  • edited August 2009
    I can't believe I'm actually side-by-side with a friendly LeChuck to solve a puzzle! I must be hallucinating!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.