User Avatar Image

Monkey Island on a Mac

posted by Sixkiller on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users
Ok so using Cross over games and using This method
I made Sam and Max work perfectly. Using the same method on a different bottle I attmepted to install TOMI. It worked fine except for two things. 1 the game will not show up in the installed programs menu (Like S&M did) and 2 the game gets no sound at all.
I was wondering if anyone found a way to make TOMI work through Crossover (I can't use the other programs because I don't have a copy of XP anymore)

Anyways thanks

UPDATE: Problem Solved:
razzberry;153598 said:
regarding Crossover, I just managed to get it to work. The first time I installed it following the instructions linked in that post exactly and had the same issue (graphics, but no sound, and no item in the Program menu).

So, instead I did the exact same thing but instead of changing the bottle to Vista, I changed it to WinXP before installing TMI. Everything seems to be working perfectly fine for me now.

The "Launch Game" button still doesn't appear in either installations, but clicking around in the area where it should be does eventually get it to load.

Hope that helps!
38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I've been trying to get it to work using every method I can think of, still no luck. Had I known this I would probably not have preordered and bought it via Steam instead...
  • I'm seriously at my wits end >< I'm about ready to start yanking my own hair out.
  • tried using parallels.... crashes after i click launch...
  • Same here.. I doesn't want to start with Parallels ..

No what? Other Windows games do run with Parallels.. anyone got it to work ?? Help is much appreciated
  • It's really odd. I mean, I can run way more demanding games in both Crossover and Prallels without any problems, but here it just fails.

I've tried Crossover, Windows XP and Windows 7. Last two using Parallels.

To me it seems that the launcher is the problem as the game doesn't even load up. The only place I get an error is in Windows 7, but that seems to be common even when not emulated from what I can tell on the forums.

I don't have a bootcamp installation, but it looks like the only alternative. Shame.

A final note - it might work using a wrapper. I've never tested very much with it and don't know how much of it is allowed even, but could worth testing.
  • It indeed seems the launcher.. I'm configuring Bootcamp now, but that's a bummer as I have installed Parallels.. and now I have this sh*t..

Let's keep eachother informed if somebody get its working in Bootcamp then
  • Ok, got finally got it to load by using the prefs file posted in another thread here, but I still have no sound... Really strange.
  • Any updates? Got the sound to work? I'm now rebooting and trying to get it to work with the pref file...

Damn now I know why I never play PC-games.. damnit.
  • can some one post a link to the pref file?
  • I get sound, but no video - want to swap? :-P

Using Crossover 8 with XP bottle and IE6. That way I can launch the demo mode after closing error windows and clicking where I know the launch game button should be.

Why oh why this crappy launcher Telltale?
This discussion has been closed.