User Avatar Image

Graphic Intensive - Huge Mistake

posted by XuGator on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users
It seems like very few people are running this game without issue. Even the best computers with fast processors and souped up graphics cards are suffering from slow downs on this game. Its sad when people have to change the resolution and graphics settings to 3 or lower to get this to run properly. This is monkey island - the developers seemed to have lost focus as to what this game is truly about.
220 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I played this on Vista with a 1.6 dual core celeron, 2gb RAM, and a 9800GT 512mb nvidia card and had no slowdown what so ever.

    Oh this was on 1024x768 and graphics level 9 too.
  • I'm running it fine on a year+ old laptop. so, +1 here.
  • What are you talking about?? :confused: The game runs perfect @1680x1050 and Graphics set to 9 with my Core2Duo E6750 and Radeon HD 3870, and both are far from being high-end.
  • jetpak;151370 said:
    I played this on Vista with a 1.6 dual core celeron, 2gb RAM, and a 9800GT 512mb nvidia card and had no slowdown what so ever.

    Oh this was on 1024x768 and graphics level 9 too.
    Kinda this, just that my graphics card sucks balls. I could only play it on 640x480 and with details on 7, which I kinda expected, because as said, my gfx card sucks.


    Also:
    >This is monkey island - the developers seemed to have lost focus as to what this game is truly about.

    It is about playing it on hi-res with details on very high?
  • No problems whatsoever here. Running the game in 1680 x 1050 resolution on graphics level 9.
  • XuGator;151355 said:
    Even the best computers with fast processors and souped up graphics cards are suffering from slow downs on this game.
    Really? I didn't have a single slow down at all. Ran beautifully with graphics at level 9, resolution set to 1680x1050, anti-aliasing at 8x and ansitropic filtering at 16x, and my computer is almost two years old now.
    XuGator;151355 said:
    IThis is monkey island - the developers seemed to have lost focus as to what this game is truly about.
    You're joking, right? First people complain the graphics aren't good enough, now they're too good?
  • Runs fine on my computer and it's 3+ years old!
  • HoppyDragon;151395 said:

    You're joking, right? First people complain the graphics aren't good enough, now they're too good?
    Huge difference between graphic intense and good graphics!
  • HoppyDragon;151395 said:
    Really? I didn't have a single slow down at all. Ran beautifully with graphics at level 9, resolution set to 1680x1050, anti-aliasing at 8x and ansitropic filtering at 16x, and my computer is almost two years old now.


    You're joking, right? First people complain the graphics aren't good enough, now they're too good?
    People will complain about everything. Thats whar we do!

    And right now, im complaining about the complains! ARGH!
  • Runs fine @ 1680x1050 and Graphics set to 9 with my year old imac running in bootcamp with Vista.
    By the way Telltale, GREAT GAME. Thank you!
Add Comment