User Avatar Image

Space Circus Catastrophe Help

posted by insane_ostrich on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
I'm stuck at the scene where "Dangeresque" has to travel to the "sun" in a rocket. I have absolutely no idea how to play the rocket minigame or even what the controls are. Could someone tell me what the controls are and how the game works?
40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ReverendTed;100346 said:
    The levels are the planets from Pluto inward, the sun, and the Black Hole. Once reached, the Black Hole level continuously repeats.
    Ugh. I thought that this would finally be the game that ended. I never got to the black hole, so I didn't know that it continued forever. Stupid planets tricking me into a state of happiness and hope....
  • I keep getting to mercury, and then I just get my butt kicked. I keep having the problem poohead mentioned earlier, where I catch a performer but he still hits my ship. I think I might just start spamming the z button.
  • Apparently on the PC you can pause the game, hit your key, and the command will be executed as soon as you unpause. Although I think that's for the lasers and bubbles - for movement keys you have to spam them as you unpause.
  • ReverendTed;100715 said:
    Apparently on the PC you can pause the game, hit your key, and the command will be executed as soon as you unpause. Although I think that's for the lasers and bubbles - for movement keys you have to spam them as you unpause.
    Thanks! Finally got 15,000!:D
  • If anyone is having the same problems as me (stuff spawning really close, long waits in between objects, and laggy controls) , I figured out a fix.

Move your savegames from your brand-spankin new lappy that came preloaded with vista on it, to a el-crapo 6 year old desktop running xp, and play space circus catastrophe over there. You'll get 15 grand easily (I didn't lose any shields), the movement is smoother, and your arrow keys will respond at the right times.

I know it's not a dx problem, I had to update dx when I first installed.

FINALLY I am codename:awesome.
  • Awww...man! I'm stuck on the stupid Sun.
  • This game really is the easiest of them all so far (as long as you can figure out how to determine which direction you need to go to dodge the food), and unlike the others I had no need for using the A bomb or pause-press trick.
  • -----Johan;101762 said:
    go to the walkthrough
    Erm... what?
  • Hey, a first time poster? What you mean goto walkthrough?
Add Comment