User Avatar Image

I didn't like 2 Strong Bads on my desktop, so I made a new icon

posted by poohead900 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
Yeah, there was a blurb in a previous thread about who would grace the star in Dangeresque 3. Dangeresque is cool and all, but I didn't like having 2 Strong Bads on my desktop, so I put Renaldo in a star and called it a day. Check it out:

I used a resource editor to actually change the icon group in the .exe itself, but if anyone wants a copy that you can assign to shortcuts, I dumped a copy at my geocities account. It's here:

http://www.geocities.com/poohead900/77.ico

Right-click, save as. Don't worry, its a full icon group. it's not that small.

Edit: If Trogdor isn't in the EP5 icon, I'd better get to work. But that's a gimme. Who else would it be?
33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Sweet Renaldo!
  • User Avatar Image
    Gary Telltale Alumni
    Tee-hee. :)
  • How do i upload them as the avatars on the computer? (Sorry if this is a stupid question i'm just not good with uploading stuff)
  • No not like that. I mean as a DESKTOP avatar
  • For that you can only re-iconify the shortcuts unless you replace the icon resources in the .exes themselves (not even gonna bother, thats rougher than most) Once you get the icon you want, put it somewhere where it won't get in the way (some folder somewhere). Do some of that right-clicking on the shortcut's icon, and (assuming you're under XP or Vista) hit preferences -> shortcut tab (in vista its the default tab open). Theres a nifty little "change icon" button, click it. Then browse to where you put the downloaded icon, select it and you're done! Ok, Apply, Bam.

edit: word of caution, that orange on green is really starting to hurt my eyes.....
  • Awesome jorb there. You wouldn't know it wasn't an official icon. In fact, with the upraised hand it blends in with the visual flow of the episode 2 and 3 icons so that the episode 1 icon appears to be the odd one.
  • If Trogdor isn't in the EP5 icon, I'd better get to work. But that's a gimme. Who else would it be? Oh yeah, Stinkoman.... right.

Edit: Like they say at staples -- That was easy.

Double Edit: I modified it a little, too much empty space.

Triple Edit: Hey I got pretty close to what telltale used with that first try.
  • poohead900;102014 said:
    If Trogdor isn't in the EP5 icon, I'd better get to work. But that's a gimme. Who else would it be? Oh yeah, Stinkoman.... right.

Edit: Like they say at staples -- That was easy.

I'd like to see them put the 20X6 version of Trogdor that appeared in... Happy Trogday, was it? I think Stinkoman called him "Trogador" and asked if roaring at him was his "crazy mixed up way of asking for some kind of birthday challenge". That guy looked at least 13% cooler than the average coolness of Trogdor divided by Stinkoman multiplied by height... er, I mean, yeah... uh, wait...
  • I wish they used this icon instead.
  • I'm usually not a big fan of fan made art and icons and such, but both of these icons are quite top notch. Huzzah to both of you.
Add Comment