User Avatar Image

sam and max the movie!!

posted by seson3churious on - last edited - Viewed by 966 users
aim making a movie about sam and max
48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Badwolf;102658 said:
    I'd rather have 2D because I'm one of those people who gets all uppity about every other film being CG.
    CGI wouldn't irritate me if it wasn't so gosh darn over-exposed. Seriously though, it seems like filmmakers can't scratch their own arse without the help of CGI. :mad:
  • A nice 2-D cartoon would be good.
  • if they made it 3D like the games or like that jimmy neutron whatever that would be sick
  • presidentmax;102682 said:
    CGI wouldn't irritate me if it wasn't so gosh darn over-exposed. Seriously though, it seems like filmmakers can't scratch their own arse without the help of CGI. :mad:
    Good point, I think a real-world movie with real people would be great, if only they could render our protagonists in a low-key manner.

And in any case, it can't be that difficult to make a 6-foot gun-wielding biped dog look realistic, can it? :)
  • just a short film. IN TWO SEASONS AND WITH HOLLYWOOD CHARACTERS!:D
  • If you have the tools, CGI is the easiest way to go, I'm working on a short (unrelated to S+M) and Other than VA, all you have to do is rig all the models, build the sets and animate. very easy to reuse animations too.

While a Live-action movie with prosthetic makeup would me amazing, it's also almost impossible with characters like these. Would be mroe likely to see a meshing of animation and live action ala Who Framed Roger Rabbit. or CGI/Live-action ala Cats and Dogs.
  • Ashton;105001 said:
    While a Live-action movie with prosthetic makeup would me amazing, it's also almost impossible with characters like these. Would be mroe likely to see a meshing of animation and live action ala Who Framed Roger Rabbit. or CGI/Live-action ala Cats and Dogs.
    Not to mention "Rocky&Bullwinkle the Movie", because live actors role playing cartoon villians and cartoonish 3D animated characters in the real world doesn't make sense too me.
  • One more thing. Lets say hypotheticaly that a Sam&Max movie is being made, I think either Pixar or Nickelodeon would be nice choices.
  • vyperspit;105393 said:
    One more thing. Lets say hypotheticaly that a Sam&Max movie is being made, I think either Pixar or Nickelodeon would be nice choices.
    I disagree. Both would make it too childish (just like the cartoon series S+M) I'd go with Dreamworks, who clearly has no problem including lots of adult jokes (as seen in the Shrek series...)
  • Amblin would do a nice job, provided the Richard Stone team was on it. Disney has the ability to make good cartoons, they just refuse
Add Comment