19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I still feel like my idea could at least have warranted a "That's a great idea! But it's wrong."

Did nobody try this combination during playtesting? :p
  • User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff
    LuigiHann;107113 said:
    I still feel like my idea could at least have warranted a "That's a great idea! But it's wrong."

No one did. And it IS a good idea, for which you deserve props.
  • I had a similar idea to use something on the energy bars - you know, to kill him off - though I've forgotten exactly what it was I was trying to use. I got the same effect as with using items on the level number - Strong Bad gives the same response as if I'd clicked on it, and not even a "can't use items on that!" sort of thing.
  • User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff
    LuigiHann;107113 said:
    I still feel like my idea could at least have warranted a "That's a great idea! But it's wrong."

Actually, we DID catch this during playtesting. And I'm pretty sure we even wrote a line to cover this at some point, but occasionally in the massive whirlwind of production just before the game goes out, somethings do get overlooked. At that point our first priority is to make sure the game is actually working properly!
  • User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff
    Whoops! I was mistaken then.
  • I tried that too - "Oh man, the enemies are just wussy level 1 enemies, we need to bust out the Algebros on the level counter!"
  • I'm both happy to know that I wasn't the only one with this idea, and sad that I wasn't the first to have this idea. Ah well, carry on.
  • Yes, we definitely did, and a line was written for Strong Bad. IIRC it was "That's a good idea, but the Algebros never did understand decimal points. I'll have to find some other way to do this." It must've not made it into the last rush of getting everything done.
  • Next time you update glitches and whatnot, throw that in there!
Add Comment