User Avatar Image

Making sense of the ramblings of "Agent W". (spoilers abound!)

posted by Ugly Bird on - last edited - Viewed by 824 users
Okay, so has anyone noticed that the Drive Thru Whale actually gives subtle hints to the solutions of the puzzles in Episode 4? I haven't been paying close enough attention to tell if he's been doing this all along or not, but I just noticed that many of his saying aren't complete nonsense!

For example:

"Turn around, the Terrarium's been flooded." means "behind you is the shark pond."

"No more games. I'll take your rock, and beat you with it." is a blatent reference to the solution of the RPB game: forcing Perducci to use his rock, taking it, and using it to win the game.

"On a sunny day, don't forget to bling out your power tools" means "When you're on the sun (on a sunny day) use the diamond (don't forget to bling) on the giant drill (out your power tools).

Have any of you noticed any other sense that the Drive Thru Whale makes or has made in the past?
30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That'll probably be in 5's extended. And then I'd expect him to reappear BEHIND Strong bad and say "Just kidding, Sever your leg, or I'll shoot you!" and then strong bad yelling and falling into a coma and you have to redo the whole game...

Or maybe not.
  • StinkomanFan;100595 said:
    another one is in Ep. 1
    "You can't get ahead until you get a head."
    The only Hint from that one that was so hilarious I currently use it as a quote practically every day; "When the End Times come, we shall all dance the Conga of the Apocalypse."
    So deliciously random, yet so informative and deep... It actually sounds like something from some insane cult's Bible or something.
  • So, I don't think the whale's lines are hints at all in 8-bit is enough. Does anyone here have any creative interpretations of the whales lines? And in case you didn't realize it, the whale only has actual lines in the very first part of the game, before the video game world merges with reality.
  • I know I recognized some of the hints in Strong Badia the Free - I can only remember the one where he says "Immolate your brother, please." It was hilarious and also hinted that you had to set Strong Sad's stuff on fire.
  • The first conversation you have with him actually contains two shout outs to puzzles in the first season of Sam and Max. (FYI: The first Superball, and fake mental disorder puzzles.)

The rest is just non sequitur. (or maybe I have not recognized the references yet.)
  • Dangerzone;105877 said:
    The first conversation you have with him actually contains two shout outs to puzzles in the first season of Sam and Max. (FYI: The first Superball, and fake mental disorder puzzles.)

The rest is just non sequitur. (or maybe I have not recognized the references yet.)
    Wow, you're right! That's amazing. I choose to believe that the Telltale team saw my posts and purposely made the whale not give away any hints to the puzzles in THIS game, just so I wouldn't be able to do what I said and USE the hints to solve the puzzles. I choose to believe this because it makes me feel important and influential.
  • Of course, it could be that you're making what the whale says make sense in your head alone.
  • Episode one,before getting homestars head: You cant get ahead,without a head.
  • According to the wiki, the noises it makes in 8-BiE are sound tests.
  • it would be funny if he was like "tame your hunger monster, try our half hearted meal! hint hint hint hint"
Add Comment