User Avatar Image

UPDATE on pre-order activation issues! (woohoo!)

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users
Update update: Reports indicate that everything should be working correctly now! Your games should be behaving as normal... or at least behaving as you'd expect a Sam & Max game to behave.

Of course if you still run into trouble, you can follow the support instructions lower in this post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original, now-outdated post:

Hey guys,

A lot of people who pre-ordered have been getting a "purchase is not complete" error when trying to activate their pre-order. We know this sucks! The good news is that we've been working with our e-commerce and software activation provider and successfully found the problem. Over the next hour peoples orders should start unlocking properly. Yay! We're really sorry about this, but the troubles should be over very very soon.

In the mean time, if you pre-ordered and can't wait for us to finish fixing things behind the scenes, we can manually unlock your purchase. To do that, you can click the "Activation Support" button on the bottom corner of the game's launcher screen, and follow the instructions there to email us your hardware fingerprint and order number. Note that we have a pretty deep backlog of manual unlock emails which we have four people replying to as fast as we can, so while we'll get to you as soon as possible, the reply won't be immediate.

Anyway, sorry again for the problems, but we should be through the worst of it. Thanks for sticking by.

- Jake
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I appreciate your hard work Telltale! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that. I am waiting for alternate activation as everyone else.
  • It's a good thing you guys are working on this, I've had the very same problem and have already sent an e-mail. I hope I get a reply soon. I also wanted to ask something else. I've ordered a Sam & Max T-shirt along with Season one. Will that be sent a the same time as the full season disk or will it be sent ASAP ?
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    War-overlord;11444 said:
    It's a good thing you guys are working on this, I've had the very same problem and have already sent an e-mail. I hope I get a reply soon. I also wanted to ask something else. I've ordered a Sam & Max T-shirt along with Season one. Will that be sent a the same time as the full season disk or will it be sent ASAP ?

The full season disc wont be made available to ship until the end of the run - its a separate product which we'll be offering free to anyone who orders the whole season. We kept them unrelated in part because the discs wont exist until all six episodes are done, and that's still a ways off (even with our short between-episode production schedule). That means that your shirt should be on the way!
  • OK, got my Key after 120 Minutes, that is awesome!
    I'm off!

And thanks very much for the fast support!
    For another software I bought online I am now waiting for 1 and a half week to get my key...
  • wahoo, working as promised. thanks telltale!
  • Up and running now. Cheers. Just need widescreen support now ...

(=
  • Haven't got it working yet, but I appreciate the work that's being done as quickly as possible! Thanks guys, I hope you know it's only because I've been waiting for this day since about March 2004 that I'm getting so impatient.

A big backlog? Does that also mean Culture Shock is a very very big success already? :cool:
  • Thanks for the fast fix of the problem. Works now.
  • Sniff, I never received my key.
  • Works fine now!

Good job, guys!
This discussion has been closed.