User Avatar Image

Install on multiple computers?

posted by except on - last edited - Viewed by 4.1K users
Hi,

Can I install my game both on my computer at school and at home, or do I need two licences? CD rom games you can carry back and forth, but how about Sam & max?
Am I out of luck?
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You're allowed to install games at school? :confused:

--Erwin
  • In this part of the world they're too stingy to get you one, so you buy your own computer.
    And that for 45.000 tuition fees. Sheesh.
  • uuuuh... This topic is also very important for me, as I get my new notebook next week...
    I just downloaded the game and I just wanted to start playing (on my old machine), when I read this topic....
    I'm not really interested in buying a second licence for a few days....

Would it be possible to get a second activation key?

I'm hoping on a positive and quick answer as I REALLY want to start playing!!!! :-)

regards, g.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    You should be able to activate it on multiple machines without problem (I think up to five). If it gives you trouble let us know and we'll fix you up.
  • That's so cool, thank you!
  • User Avatar Image
    Si^
    What happens if u go over five.. sound stupid but in about a yr and a half i would of proberly used them :D with formats and all :D
  • What do you mean with up to five computers?
    Does the game check my hardware? What if I upgrade my PC, or change parts of it? I do that quite often, so changing my hardware 5 times can happen within a month or two.
    Can I still activate the game then?
  • Yeah, I usually reformat my computer once I year, and since I have four computers I think I would run out fast. Does it recognize it as being the same machine after a format?
  • Jake;11551 said:
    You should be able to activate it on multiple machines without problem (I think up to five). If it gives you trouble let us know and we'll fix you up.
    aaah that's fine, thank's for the reply -> I go playing :D :D :D

greez, g.
  • The ideal solution would be for the application to send a de-installation report to the server if you uninstall the game, which opens up another slot of the 5 allowed. I'm probably overlooking something in this idea here, so I'll just shut up and go to bed :D

--Erwin
This discussion has been closed.