User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Demo - Crash - Geforce4 users, look here for driver info

posted by blondebeard on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users
Sam & Max Demo is crashing my computer after the title screen with the logo of telltale games. I'm using the latest drivers (91.47) of my graphic card.

Graphic card: GeForce4 MX 440
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 1GB
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • same problem here (see previous post)
  • I'm having the same problem.
  • I get the same problem with the full game.
  • Was having the same problem.
    Resolved it by moving the prefs.prop from the whereveryouinstalled\Sam & Max - Culture Shock Data directory. Then run the game. Quit after intro. Move the orginal prefs.prop back to whereveryouinstalled\Sam & Max - Culture Shock Data and overwrite the one there. Run game.
    Worked for me.
  • Nope, still rebooting my PC, but now I got to the menu part. When I press new game I see the "Loading.." text and crashes.
  • I feel for you.. :(
  • It doesn't work for me with the full game either. After the first two screens(gametap and telltale) it goes to an evil blue screen and my computer resets. Both Bone games work fine on my computer (this includes the newest versions).
  • Problem solved with the new drivers released today.
  • howard teeth;11828 said:
    It doesn't work for me with the full game either. After the first two screens(gametap and telltale) it goes to an evil blue screen and my computer resets. Both Bone games work fine on my computer (this includes the newest versions).

I happen to be experiencing the exact same problem as you.
    Could you please let me know what graphic card you are using?
    I am using a Geforce4 440 GO, 64 MB.

Thanks
  • Me too.

I have a Geforce4 440 Go 32Mb in my Dell inspiron 8200. Shows the 2 logo screens then blue screens.

Thought I might need new graphics card drivers but NVidia don't support the 440GO anymore, so the latest drivers I can get from Dell are the ones I'm using.
    blondebeard said:
    Problem solved with the new drivers released today.
    Wouldn't care to share where you got the drivers from???
This discussion has been closed.