Walt's "Previously" scene...

Did anyone else get a bit uncomfortable when Walt, one of the nicest people we've met in Season 2, tell Carver "Go to hell you fuc-" before getting shot? He never said that in Ep2, did he?

Comments

• I diden't recall that ever transpiring either when watching it, but that was one of the smaller problems of the larger bunch of problems with ep 3.
  • Now that you mention it I did find that odd, I kept racking my brain back to think if he really said that. It seemed so unlike his friendly character.
  • edited May 2014
    ya, i think in 1 of my playthroughs he said "matthew" right before getting shot, but i've done 2 playthroughs of ep 3 and he's said sumthin different both times in the preview, and neither was "matthew", so i dunno what flags are doin what... but otherwise, he got shot before sayin anything at all....
  • He says absolutely nothing before getting shot
  • Here is another thing, my choices say I "sought Kenny's help" but in the previously scene it showed that Clem surrended. Is this a bug? Like seriously, this needs to be fixed.
  • I had the same thing happen but I think it just messed with the trailer, not the actual choices that carried over.
    CodPatrol posted: »

Here is another thing, my choices say I "sought Kenny's help" but in the previously scene it showed that Clem surrended. Is this a bug? Like seriously, this needs to be fixed.

• Yeah, they always have problems with the "Next Time" or the "Previously", because if you play Episode 1 of Season 2, you can see it's Troy knocking on the cabin door.
  • Yeah, and it messed up my 400 Days thing.
    Noble posted: »

I had the same thing happen but I think it just messed with the trailer, not the actual choices that carried over.

• Troy's model originally was used as a placeholder for Carver.

Yeah, they always have problems with the "Next Time" or the "Previously", because if you play Episode 1 of Season 2, you can see it's Troy knocking on the cabin door.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator
    Not only that, he didn't say the same thing he said to me when I told him Nick killed Matthew. It was newly recorded audio, and was not needed at all. Especially since he's one of my favourite characters of Season Two.

Speaking of the "Previously on" Did anyone have a strange glitch happen when Luke asked what the most important thing in the world is? I said family. But yet the game registers it as if I said nothing. After that I was playing through Episode 3 thinking to myself that at any moment, my choices would be completely messed up.
  • Yeah that surprised me also. Almost as much as Clem rushing to protect Alvin (as my Clem went in search of Kenny..)
    Did you hit "Restart episode"? Same thing happened in Episode 2 I went over to save Pete but when I hit restart episode it only saved my game up to the final chapter of the episode prior. Which is really, really odd.

Here is another thing, my choices say I "sought Kenny's help" but in the previously scene it showed that Clem surrended. Is this a bug? Like seriously, this needs to be fixed.

• To be fair, Walt and "Walter" is two different characters.
  • I noticed that immediately during the scene. He says "Go to hell you fu-" *Pop*
    He never said that in game.
    edited May 2014
    Funnily enough, there's been four Telltale TWD characters called Walt.
    Rizefall posted: »

To be fair, Walt and "Walter" is two different characters.

• Huh? What do you mean? I seen that In Harm's Way was out and I made sure I had save file 1 out then I started. So...?
    CathalOHara posted: »

Did you hit "Restart episode"? Same thing happened in Episode 2 I went over to save Pete but when I hit restart episode it only saved my game up to the final chapter of the episode prior. Which is really, really odd.

• edited May 2014
    Three Walters.

Walt that Nick and Russel meet.
    Walter that was S2E2
    Last but not least, Walter the dog.

Source: (h)ttp://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Character(s)

Remove the ---> ( ---> ) to use the link.

Funnily enough, there's been four Telltale TWD characters called Walt.

When I hit restart episode from the episode starts over and then the Previously On segment carries on like normal. But for some reason my final choice in All That Remains wasn't counted. And I was with Nick instead of Pete.

Huh? What do you mean? I seen that In Harm's Way was out and I made sure I had save file 1 out then I started. So...?

What about Logan? That doctor from Around Every Corner? His ID says Walter Ashe.
    Rizefall posted: »

Three Walters. Walt that Nick and Russel meet. Walter that was S2E2 Last but not least, Walter the dog. Source: (h)ttp://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Character(s) Remove the ---> ( ---> ) to use the link.

• Oh good. For a moment I thought my memory was wonky. I could not for the life of me remember Walter ever saying that.
  • Yeah, that's really interesting because people are always antecipating stuff from the "Next time on TWD". However, it's not a reliable source since tell tale still makes a lot of changes.

Yeah, they always have problems with the "Next Time" or the "Previously", because if you play Episode 1 of Season 2, you can see it's Troy knocking on the cabin door.

• Huh. I thought I was just misremembering. So they actually changed it? That's... weird, and seems unnecessary.
  • It must have been Clementine's internal monologue.
  • How did it mess up 400 Days?

Yeah, and it messed up my 400 Days thing.

• Yep. He died before he can't do say anything.

I have noticed too in the frist time.
  • Its unused audio,they forgot to remove it.funny tho.
  • It brought every character and I'm pretty damn sure I never brought everyone. I might of replayed but I didn't do the right choices so that's kinda impossible.
    Malthur posted: »

How did it mess up 400 Days?

• That was simply his "Beta" name. His real name is still Logan.

So... we had:
    1. Walt, who Nate murders.
    2. Walter, who was dating Matt and was close friends with Kenny and Sarita.
    3. Walt the dog.

What about Logan? That doctor from Around Every Corner? His ID says Walter Ashe.

• He never said that, and I noticed when I played it. I mean, I wish he said it, but I don't know... maybe there was an update? Haven't played episode two in like two weeks so...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.