User Avatar Image

Language PATCH !

posted by Gabelstapler on - last edited - Viewed by 6.4K users
hello telltale ! ( yes this goes out strictly to you ! )
I have a good idea : what when you offer language patches for free, which are developed by the fanbase ? you could make a event out of this and make a casting ( or somethin like this ) to find the best voices in each language !
I guess you fanbase would apreciate that very much and would even rise ?

please give reply to this idea !

we would love you for that ! :o

yours

gabelstapler
45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • MeaningOfLife;11849 said:
    But seriously, that would simply cost too much to do for all the dubbings.
    Well, "Bone" found a German publisher, and they're dubbing it... so, all doors open for "Sam & Max".
  • TheGreyMatter;11836 said:
    actually there is a tool for changing the subtitles for the CSI games... i think it's on mixnmojo.

my suggestion - start making a translation pack and when you have something to show , then talk with telltale.
    ithink they will be more open to accept something when it's based in a strong ground and it's quality can be checked
    Thanks a lot !
    I'll try this soon, very soon ! ^^
  • DarkNemo;11890 said:
    Thanks a lot !
    I'll try this soon, very soon ! ^^
    The exact location of the tool would be HERE.
  • Laserschwert;11892 said:
    The exact location of the tool would be HERE.
    I think it works just with Texas Hold'em and CSI3. Doesn't it?
  • It seems...
    Telltale, please, listen to us !
    Can you imagine Sam and Max speaking in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean?
    I don't even know Chinese... yet I demand a Chinese dub, and will pay good money for it!
    But seriously, that would simply cost too much to do for all the dubbings.
    yes, it would be very expensive ... but the most important languages must be dubbed ... German, Spanish and French ... above all German ;) ;) ;)

other languages can be subbed ...
  • Well, it seems the fan-made translation is not to be organized form within this forum :)

We are not allowed to post patching programs or modification tools (which is understandable, some editors allow that, others don't, its their game afterall).

Just for you to know though, it is perfectly possible to translate the texts in the game (textures too), but that will be for you own enjoyment (and your friends').
  • Oh man. I hate dubbing. How can anyone stand it!?
  • lucasarts french dubbing was usually done with great care (FullThrottle for example was dubbed by professional dubbers who work on TV soaps and animated series).

In fact, to be honest, since i grew up with them, i sometimes prefer the french dub to the english original (CMI and Full Throttle).
Add Comment