User Avatar Image

Discworld license

posted by SilverShark on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
I know this has been mentioned before, but does anyone know who owns the license to make games based on the discworld novels?

As "Perfect Entertainment" went under, and there has not been any hints of a new title since.

Like other people on this forums (from the quotes in other threads), I would love it if Telltale could gets their hands on the license.
19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SilverShark;12301 said:

    Like other people on this forums (from the quotes in other threads), I would love it if Telltale could gets their hands on the license.
    I heartily agree! :D
  • Yes! Get the license! I'm sure Terry Pratchett wouldn't give you a hard time about it, since he allowed these guys to make a film.
  • Haggis;12306 said:
    Yes! Get the license! I'm sure Terry Pratchett wouldn't give you a hard time about it, since he allowed these guys to make a film.
    He has also sold the license to the "Wee Free Men" novels to Sony Pictures. Supposedly going to get Sam Raimi to direct!
  • SilverShark;12311 said:
    He has also sold the license to the "Wee Free Men" novels to Sony Pictures. Supposedly going to get Sam Raimi to direct!
    Sam Rami rocks!
    (Better be a Bruce Campbell cameo too!)
  • IronCladChicken;12315 said:
    Sam Rami rocks!
    (Better be a Bruce Campbell cameo too!)
    Script written by the woman that did Corpse Bride.
  • SilverShark;12301 said:

    Like other people on this forums (from the quotes in other threads), I would love it if Telltale could gets their hands on the license.
    THAT WOULD BE SO FREAKIN' AWESOME.

    See, I was so excited I went into capslock-of-doom mode.
  • Yeah, it'd really be REALLY awesome...

    I'd SOOoooo buy it. :D
  • So.

    When's the next Bone coming out?

    There's a lot of licenses Telltale COULD buy. I'd personally like to see the continuation of the license they DID buy.
  • Discworld would be great - but perhaps Telltale has just enough to do finishing Sam & Max - Episodes or continuing other lincenses. BUT I would love to play again a discworld-adventure. I really miss Rincewind badly.
    Also.. does someone already or better still own that license ?
  • Discworld by Telltale could be wonderful but... Don't you all think it would be so good if they started making something NEW? These guys have lots of talent and genius, so I'd be glad to see something brand new, once they finish what they're doing (Bone and S&M).
    I admit it, I'm LONGING for games like Dott, Discworld and other licensed sequels.
    But perhaps a brand new game (or game series) would be even better.
    Just take a look at stuff like A Vampyre Story by AME games (ok, it's not finished yet, but it seems pretty awesome), or Psychonauts, one of the few non-properly-graphic-adventure-games that I loved...
    I'm sure Telltale could do stuff as good as these said games, if not even better.
Add Comment