User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 22.3K users
If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look... I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Which elaine do you prefer, the one in Curse or in Escape?
  • Captain Armato! Good to have you back!

How did you cope with the Monkey Island drought all these years?
  • Who is the funniest person that you've worked with so far?
  • Oh My God, I'm so happy Dominic is in charge of bringing Guybrush's voice back to life once again.

I'm also happy to hear that Dom is a Monkey Island fan so that brings something special into the whole game.

I was raised playing Monkey Island back in 1992 when my family got their first computer, EGA monochromatic 286 :p

I even remember asking my dad for help to get through the seagull and the fish puzzle. Remember, there was no computer mouse at that time. ;)

So, Jeez, I'm just so happy that my favorite game saga is back. I just needed to express it.

Regards,

Andrew from Buenos Aires, Argentina :)

Question for Dom: Which is your favorite Guybrush quote?
  • Dominic, if they made you choose between this or your food blog, there will be hell to pay.
  • Question for Dom: Do you have a large MI / Lucasarts big box game collection?
  • Dominic, which of the Monkey Island games is your favorite? Since the new one isn't out yet, which of the last four is your favorite?

Also, welcome back. There can be no substitute.
  • It's great to have you back, Dom. They couldn't have done it without you.

Well, they could, but we'd have hunted down and killed your replacement. You wouldn't want that on your conscience now, would you?
  • When I heard that Telltale was doing Monkey Island, I was initially ecstatic, but I quickly began worrying that the switch of development companies meant that Guybrush wouldn't sound like Guybrush anymore.

My worries are assuaged. It's great to hear your voice again Mr. Armato.
  • When Telltale starts a project, they do things right.

...except when those things involve the controls for Wallace & Gromit. Heh But everything else; they do it right!

I am so amazed this is going to happen and with all the right people involved.
Add Comment