User Avatar Image

Control Scheme?

posted by RMJ1984 on - last edited - Viewed by 7.8K users
Yeah the news is outta this world, but before i can preorder, i gotta know, is this bad Wallace & Gromit controls?

Or Good Sam & Max control scheme?

Thanks.
537 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It will be controlled using the mouse/wii pointer according to gamespot (5th paragraph)

(ToMI first look article on gamespot)
  • If there are keyboard controls, I will cry like a little boy who's just skinned his knee. Seriously. Telltale guys, you are great, but the control scheme in W&G sucks. I know you had to make the best of a bad situation... but if MI comes in with keyboard controls, I will cry. And I may not buy, more to the point.
  • Would also like to hear a definite answer on mouse/keyboard control. Had to skip W&G because of the retarded control scheme and I'm really hoping I won't be forced to skip ToMI.
  • Seeing as tmsmyth4 just posted a link to an article saying that it would be controlled by the mouse and Wii-mote I think it's a safe bet that it won't be keyboard controls. And again, take a look at W&G. It's for the XBox 360 and not Wiiware (360 doesn't have a Wii-mote or a mouse so they utilized the d-pad, which unfortunately meant keyboard for PC users). Look at Sam & Max and SBCG4AP. They use traditional Wii-mote and mouse. ToMI will be on PC and Wiiware so I think it's a safe bet it will be mouse-oriented.
  • I'm happy with any control scheme. I adapt.

I'm essentially Darwin's theory in Videogame control terms.
  • MusicallyInspired;126571 said:
    Seeing as tmsmyth4 just posted a link to an article saying that it would be controlled by the mouse and Wii-mote I think it's a safe bet that it won't be keyboard controls. And again, take a look at W&G. It's for the XBox 360 and not Wiiware (360 doesn't have a Wii-mote or a mouse so they utilized the d-pad, which unfortunately meant keyboard for PC users). Look at Sam & Max and SBCG4AP. They use traditional Wii-mote and mouse. ToMI will be on PC and Wiiware so I think it's a safe bet it will be mouse-oriented.
    Sounds logical, now if I could hear someone from Telltale to confirm the controls so I can preorder :)
  • After the criticism of the EMI control system, im sure Telltalle realise we all want pointnclick MI. Somehow I dont see them taking the risk. Plus, it looks like gamespot have played the opening to the game. Thats confirmation for me, time to go out and buy a mouse for my laptop :)
  • Gamespot reads the following:
    explored using the Nunchuk and pointer on the Wii or the keyboard and mouse if you're playing on the PC.

Which I guess means it's going to be the Wallace & Gromit control scheme.
  • Guybrush Threepwood;126634 said:
    Gamespot reads the following:
    explored using the Nunchuk and pointer on the Wii or the keyboard and mouse if you're playing on the PC.

Which I guess means it's going to be the Wallace & Gromit control scheme.
    Argh, please no.
Add Comment