User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 22.3K users
If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look... I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No questions, but a hardy ahoy matey from me :D
  • I've watched the video for the remake of the Secret of Monkey Island™ and heard there that you worked very well because you knew the game. I was puzzled because the first Monkey Island® game with VO (with you) was the third game of the series (as far as I know).

Did you become a fan of Monkey Island® before, after or during The Curse of Monkey Island™ (the third game of the series)?
  • This announcement, and having you still be involved, brings untold ecstasy to me and my pants. You were great as the duck!
  • Hey Dominic! Glad to see you back for this new series. It's all very exciting!

My qustions:

Do you hear the line "I can't use the skeleton arm with that" in your nightmares? I do.

And what was the hardest line to get right when recording the past MI games? My guess would be the monologue journal entry at the beginning of Curse, but it's probably something more random
  • alldogship;126797 said:
    I've watched the video for the remake of the Secret of Monkey Island™ and heard there that you worked very well because you knew the game. I was puzzled because the first Monkey Island® game with VO (with you) was the third game of the series (as far as I know).

Did you become a fan of Monkey Island® before, after or during The Curse of Monkey Island™ (the third game of the series)?
    A good question actually. I'm sure there are plenty of people here on the forums who feel "threatened" by the Lucas Arts calling you the Ultimate Monkey Island Fan Boy.
  • Sorry to load on new questions - but in the voicing - what's the funniest/worst blooper did you or a fellow VA commit?
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    I enjoy how buried Dom is going to be when he comes back to this thread.
  • use the multi-quote dom!
  • Jake;126875 said:
    I enjoy how buried Dom is going to be when he comes back to this thread.
    I wonder if this question thing was something he'd come up with. Otherwise he knows whom to blame!
  • Heh. Glad to see (hear? read?) that you are voicing everyone's favorite pirate wannabe turned full on pirate again.
Add Comment