User Avatar Image

The adventure begins... at E3!

posted by Emily on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users
This week, several members of our team will be at E3 showing off Tales of Monkey Island, giving interviews, and subsisting on candy bars from the vending machine when the lunch lines turn out to be too long having a grand old time. And as a Tales of Monkey Island preorderer, we're going to let you in on the joys of being at E3 -- just like you were here with us!

Not sure what the web access will be like at the show, but we'll try to check in each day and let you guys know how it's going and where to look for Tales of Monkey Island coverage. I'll kick it off by saying that after a mostly uneventful flight, I arrived in LA and checked in to the hotel to find six boxes of Tales of Monkey Island buttons waiting for me. And that's only half the stash! The rest will be arriving tomorrow. We'll be handing them out at the show - hopefully in an amusing fashion. Watch later this week for pictures. 'Til then, here's a shot of the buttons, to tide you over...

I'm off to find some lunch (fully recognizing that this could be my last real meal for a week), then heading to the convention center to get our booth set up. First interview's tonight, with Adventure Gamers, then the show officially opens tomorrow!
249 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow! i don't suppose theres a way to get any of those badges in the uk?
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Everyone seems to be into the buttons. Hopefully we can do something cool with them. No idea what, and no guarantees, of course!
  • The LucasARt store sell a limited number of buttons, i bought some to join all the other swag :) And they ship worldwide, not cheap though, had ot pay like 58$ for 2 tshirts, the poster and buttons.
  • Janus Nielsen;127807 said:
    The LucasARt store sell a limited number of buttons, i bought some to join all the other swag :) And they ship worldwide, not cheap though, had ot pay like 58$ for 2 tshirts, the poster and buttons.
    You can say that again. I was going to order a poster, but the international postage is utterly ridiculous.
  • Guybrush Threepwood;127810 said:
    You can say that again. I was going to order a poster, but the international postage is utterly ridiculous.
    Well, i had to. I cant have the MI2 and MI3 poster, and miss up on the poster for the first one :). The other stuff was just a bonus :)
  • Jake;127781 said:
    Everyone seems to be into the buttons. Hopefully we can do something cool with them. No idea what, and no guarantees, of course!
    So just send them to us or put them into our box :D
  • So... i have done my pre-order too!
    Can`t wait until the german Episodes ;-)
  • Stopped by your cubicle at E3 but sadly the door was closed and I left buttonless. :'(

You guys are in a pretty sad little corner of the hall too, I saw Majesco down the hall, looking forlorn.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    I think that might just be a press meeting room? I think there might be some slightly more ... piratical ... people walking around who can provide you with buttons. Not sure on the details there, though.
  • Yeah that's what it looked like (although some other companies were using them for more booth-like purposes, probably illicitly). I received a million flyers for some Sega pilates game, but no one said ahoy on the floor.
Add Comment