User Avatar Image

What Other Class Lucas Arts advent. games would fit with the episodic format

posted by doom saber on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users
First off, this thread isn't to beg TT to have them get the license for other LA titles since I am content that they got MI. However, how would other LA titles work with the episodic theme if TT have gotten ahold of the license??

Because the Monkey Island games always had chapters, the episodic nature would fit perfectly. Sam and Max, despite the first game not being episodic, still worked well with episodic season esp how the series is of a police theme one.

I think Full Throttle might work with the episodic theme if it was Ben against one specific biker gang per episode. As for the Maniac Mansion series, l would like to see a series where each episode focuses on one of the playable characters. However, it would remove the ability to change characters.
35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • After looking at the style of the new monkey island game?
    None. Stay away from milking the classics. Make your own IP.
  • It's not LucasArts property, and the license is currently with German company Silverline Software, but I'd love to see some Simon the Sorcerer episodic games.
  • Alucard;127849 said:
    After looking at the style of the new monkey island game?
    Now that you mention it, I wonder why TT havsn't developed any of new IP
  • Alucard;127849 said:
    After looking at the style of the new monkey island game?
    Nobody's forcing you buy them.

If art style is your dealbreaker, you can always get AMEgames' Ghost Pirates game.

http://autumnmoonentblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/ghost-pirates-of-vooju-island.html

Really, you're a senior member here, your attitude in your recent posts is frankly appalling.
  • I think Day of the Tentacle would do well as episodes... I'm not for sure but it might do something with time traveling or something scientific like that. Wasn't there a scientist?
  • jp-30;127873 said:
    Nobody's forcing you buy them.

If art style is your dealbreaker, you can always get AMEgames' Ghost Pirates game.

http://autumnmoonentblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/ghost-pirates-of-vooju-island.html

Really, you're a senior member here, your attitude in your recent posts is frankly appalling.
    I don't really understand why ppl get so worked up on the art style on MI esp how each game has it own art direction. Sorry to rant, but it feels as if some people on the net believes that the art style in CMI is the same as the first two MI games.
  • Oh, and Indiana Jones would probably do good too
  • doom saber;127881 said:
    I don't really understand why ppl get so worked up on the art style on MI esp how each game has it own art direction. Sorry to rant, but it feels as if some people on the net believes that the art style in CMI is the same as the first two MI games.
    This, the styles are very different.
  • larino87;127876 said:
    I think Day of the Tentacle would do well as episodes... I'm not for sure but it might do something with time traveling or something scientific like that. Wasn't there a scientist?
    There is a scientist. Day of the Tentacle is actually the sequel to Maniac Mansion; l apologize if you already knew that.
  • As much as I'd love to see Day of the Tentacle, Full throttle and Indiana Jones episodes, I don't think it would happen any time soon. Telltale seems to have a lot on it's plate at the moment. Hopefully in like a year or two. I love it that they are now working with Lucas Arts though. I imagine that if Tales of Monkey island and the classic remake do well Lucas Arts will produce a 5th main monkey island game.

I think The Dig could make a pretty cool non-humor adventure game series.
Add Comment