User Avatar Image

Which episode would you recommend?

posted by maximmortal on - last edited - Viewed by 433 users
For a Strong Bad newbie? Start at the start? Or try my luck with a later episode?

I have a code for a free episode and this is the only TT series I haven't played yet.
9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Episode 1 is the perfect start. Just go down the line or it won't make much sense.
  • Episode 3.
    All you need to know is a few events of 1 and 2 to get it.

If you dont want to know about past episodes to figure out stuff on 1 episode, I reccomend episode 4.
  • I'll second the "Baddest of the Bands" recommendation. It's probably the strongest episode that doesn't really rely on the previous episodes, nor too much background knowledge of the H*R world.
  • plus, episode 3 is funny as good comedy.
  • I haven't played them all yet, but I reccommend that you do not start off with either 4 or 5. I started off with episode 4, and I was okay with it eventually, though I was a bit confused while playing. The characters are, uh... not themselves in that episode, if you know what I mean.
    And episode 5 begins right where episode 4 ends, so you kinda have to play episode 4 to understand what's happening.
    Maybe you want to check out the series first, to get you introduced to the characters.
    www.homestarrunner.com
    Hope that helps. :D
  • Cool, thanks guys. "Baddest of the Bands" sounds like a good episode; think I might go with that. I played a demo of the first episode, so I might as well skip that one! :p
  • Episode 2: Is the second funniest, has the best story and is the most fun. Get that.
  • I'd think you'd like Episode 1. It's very basic puzzles, and not as difficult. Once you start playing, you won't wanna stop. Or Episode 2, that one is pretty good.
  • I really adore Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
    But make sure you watch the Dangeresque Episodes of Strong Bad's Email first.
Add Comment