User Avatar Image

Concepts and Such

posted by Ry Guy Telltale Staff on - last edited - Viewed by 8.2K users
Stuff that has lead up to current designs and stuff that has just been left to die.
263 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    haha, i'm glad you guys liked the different iterations of guybrush. We had LEC's input with the overall guybrush and common consensus was a more mature guybrush with a smaller jacket. Animation comes into play when designing also. I think the current design and shape works the best, but its always a lot of fun to redesign such a well known character.. maybe later on for fun i'll make a super buff bad ass Guybrush. There are more versions of Guybrush, but those come later. Just wait.. bahaha!
  • Holy. Good times. Isn't the rightmost Guybrush what you guys settled on? nothing really jumps out to me as different
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    Jayel;130782 said:
    Holy. Good times. Isn't the rightmost Guybrush what you guys settled on? nothing really jumps out to me as different
    Yessa, more or less.
  • Ry Guy;130657 said:
    Geh, i'm not very good at this. Lets see if i can get the hang of it.

http://vip.telltalegames.com/files/monkeyisland/ryanconcepts/lechuck_demon_sm.jpg
    Awesome!!
  • User Avatar Image
    seanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    ryan, yo such a good drawer.

(AND he's a street fighter prodigy ladies and gents)
  • Laserschwert;130741 said:
    I really like the 7th one in the bottom row... proportion-wise it looks like Guybrush from MI2.
    Yeah that does look like him from MI2, too bad thats one of the ones with the least amount of detail :( I must say though, I am very pleased with their choice of Guybrush clothes. MI2 was always my favorite costume for him... he looks like he's grown up and trying to be a pirate captain.
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    seanvanaman;130821 said:
    ryan, yo such a good drawer.

(AND he's a street fighter prodigy ladies and gents)
    Gawsh, you're too sweet.
    Skippy the Demon;130825 said:
    Yeah that does look like him from MI2, too bad thats one of the ones with the least amount of detail :( I must say though, I am very pleased with their choice of Guybrush clothes. MI2 was always my favorite costume for him... he looks like he's grown up and trying to be a pirate captain.
    Hells yes, the outfit from 2 was the most bad ast and the fans most liked the jacket. Guybrush really sprouted up.. but the jacket stayed the same. Ha!
  • Looks great. I kind of wish that you'd gone with a larger, bulkier jacket, but I'm not complaining your aesthetic choices.
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff
    LukeSW;130862 said:
    Looks great. I kind of wish that you'd gone with a larger, bulkier jacket, but I'm not complaining your aesthetic choices.
    I would have loved to give a long flowing jacket or something that really shows movement, but alas, there are technical things to deal with. Man, a physics engine would be great! But, adventure games really don't deal much with it.
  • Shale;130671 said:
    The tusks are an interesting idea, as is the stone motif, but if you squint a bit the horns make him look like a bunny.
    Wake up, Donnie...

@RyGuy, did you initially design LeChuck as "stonesque" to provide a more direct continuity with EMI, before the decision to distance it a bit?
Add Comment