User Avatar Image

The release day - why the 7th of July?

posted by rubberchickenwithapulley on - last edited - Viewed by 627 users
Hi

I have been surfing around and cannot find any direct link between the monkey island games and that date.

Is there any particular reason that you have chosen that day for release of the best thing that has ever happend in the adventuregame industry? :D

Regards
Peter
20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So happy you announced it close to the release

Makes waiting less painfull
  • shouldve been released on the 09/09/09 9:09:09 for the lulz

NAWT
  • Everlast;132298 said:
    7 is the number of God. Cuz its straight and perfect. Anyway i bought the game thinking it was gonna be shipped in a boxset and im kinda like neurotic to think that its only downloadable.

Was wondering what if its deleted or something can i redownload it?
    Also is this game can be bough in a store, cuzz i would really like to have it in a DVD.
    You can download them as much as you want. The DVD won't be out until all 5 episodes are out.
  • Everlast;132298 said:
    7 is the number of God. Cuz its straight and perfect. Anyway i bought the game thinking it was gonna be shipped in a boxset and im kinda like neurotic to think that its only downloadable.

Was wondering what if its deleted or something can i redownload it?
    Also is this game can be bough in a store, cuzz i would really like to have it in a DVD.
    If you buy the whole season (all 5 episodes) at the end of the season for only the cost of shipping you can receive a DVD that contains all the episodes. You can re download purchased episodes anytime you want.
  • Jake;132320 said:
    I think the 7th just made sense based on our schedule. If 7/7 makes it easier for you to remember, then there's that :)
    And as an added bonus, it's also 7/7 in countries that do day/month/year instead of the US month/day/year (which never made sense to me, but I guess it's what you're used to)
  • how does that not make sense? day, week, month, year. shortest to longest.
  • It's the month / day / year that doesn't make sense. I agree with you threepcross, going day/ month / year does make sense :)

It doesn't matter anyway - whichever way you look at it, Tales of MI is released 7/7/09
  • owh. I thought you meant that going dmy instead of mdy didn't make sense, hah.
  • If we are going into american quirks, can we go into their poor spellings concerning humour, colour and through. chorrr, madness. :P
  • serweet;132584 said:
    If we are going into american quirks, can we go into their poor spellings concerning humour, colour and through. chorrr, madness. :P
    I have been through this before, the us get confiscated at customs.
Add Comment