User Avatar Image

Will Secret of Monkey Island special edition be digitally distibuted by Telltale?

posted by Bubbamel on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Hi all,

Hoping someone can answer my question. Tried search but could not find any information. With the new joint venture between Telltale and Lucasarts, is Telltale planning to offer the pc digital distribution of Lucasart's remake? I have already given all my money to Telltale...hehe. Lucasarts has not given any info on how they plan to release it, and I was just curious if anyone knew. Thanks!! Looking forward to July 7th!! :)

-Mel
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • FQ_Threepwood;132885 said:
    Sure hope they do plan to sell it at Amazon UK. Ordering it from the US will be pricier, not to mention VAT. :(
    err it's a download not a physical purchase.
  • I really hope they don't use Steam. Man, I hate Steam. It's been giving me nothing but problems, running even simple games like Wolfenstein 3-D seems too much for that piece of crap. Having to constantly run the client software and be connected to the internet all the time is, well, b__ls__t.
  • This thread needs to die about now....
  • the biggest question for me is, will they release the SoMI:SE on cd/dvd/holographic-crystal/whatever? call me old fashioned but I like to have a physical copy of the games i buy.
  • Just hope it will come on Steam, because its so nice to have all youre games in one place, with auto update, and no silly drm / max activation :)
  • PimPamPet;133037 said:
    I really hope they don't use Steam. Man, I hate Steam. It's been giving me nothing but problems, running even simple games like Wolfenstein 3-D seems too much for that piece of crap. Having to constantly run the client software and be connected to the internet all the time is, well, b__ls__t.

Do you actually have to have it running?

The only game I have got from Steam was Football Manager 2009 and you could just launch that independantly from with the Steam foolder.
  • wezzy;133057 said:
    the biggest question for me is, will they release the SoMI:SE on cd/dvd/holographic-crystal/whatever? call me old fashioned but I like to have a physical copy of the games i buy.
    No.....
  • turingmachine604;132943 said:
    When it's available to purchase, I'm sure the official site will link you to the correct place (or perhaps even be through it).

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland/

It's being distributed as a digital download.
    I see. That explains. Thanks :)
  • PimPamPet;133037 said:
    I really hope they don't use Steam. Man, I hate Steam. It's been giving me nothing but problems, running even simple games like Wolfenstein 3-D seems too much for that piece of crap. Having to constantly run the client software and be connected to the internet all the time is, well, b__ls__t.
    You can run Steam in offline mode if you have no internet connection and play all the games offline (as long as you've played them at least once online). I personally love Steam.
  • I don't care if they use Steam as long as some other option is available. A game only being on Steam is something that can make a game go from "Must Buy" to "No Thanks". I see the benefits that people enjoy when it comes to Steam...I just have a different set of standards.
Add Comment