User Avatar Image

Stuff I have laying around

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 13.6K users
I made this wallpaper for my work PC yesterday. If anyone wants it, it's yours!
437 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • AndyBundy;133912 said:
    I knew answers but in German. Not even my beloved www.dict.cc could translate these names used in the localized MI2. Look at the names and how I tried to translate them: Mäusezähnchen (mouse teeth?), Honigkuchen (honey cake), Schmusebacke (dunno how to tranlsate that one), Zuckerpüppchen (sugar babe), Schnuckelchen (little sweetie). Only Honigkuchen / honey cakes I may have got right, the rest totally wrong. Maybe the next giveaway is really for all fans, not for english natives / english versions only...

Sucks that it was English only. =\
    Someday i will end first...
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    seanvanaman;133855 said:
    I'm giving away FIVE Monkey Island badges, to be sent, free of charge, to FIVE loyal monkey island fans. This is one badge per person -- not the entire set (as I don't think a full set survived e3). Perhaps we'll be getting a few full sets on here in a few weeks but as of now, I do not know. (And I will be trying to get these signed by the other members of the team, but it'll be catch as catch can).
    Oh I think one complete set survived... and it's mine, all mine!!!!

• Jake;133919 said:
    Oh I think one complete set survived... and it's mine, all mine!!!!
    Badges are interesting of course, but what's that document off to the side with Monkey Island on it? I'm more interested in that right now! :D
  • Check Jake subtly leaving other stuff on his desk for the photo. What is that Sam & Max box in the darkness? Looks like Steve Purcell's drawing for the Season 1 cover, but the background isn't the same and there is the Gametap (?) logo in the bottom left. Then under that, a SBCG4AP box... perhaps the one available in the store?
  • Looks like the script or something.

Now, I'd gladly take the SBCG4AP DVD off your hands, Jake. xD
  • Jake;133919 said:

The Friendly Demon Song and other favourites! I love this Cd.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    HoppyDragon;133920 said:
    Badges are interesting of course, but what's that document off to the side with Monkey Island on it? I'm more interested in that right now! :D
    Ah it's a printout of a near-final pass of the TMI logo, next to the Special Edition logo. We were doing side-by-side tests to see how they'd look next to each other in LucasArts' E3 promotional materials and stuff. (It was important to LEC that they looked complimentary when you saw them hanging out together.)

Points to David E for that brilliant Telltale 5th Anniversary logo. I wish we could figure out a place to sneak it in on the site.
  • That tagline was a tad too obvious, but ToMI needs a tagline anyway. What were the ones for previous episodes?

LeChuck's Revenge -> He's big. He's bad. He's back.

The Curse of Monkey Island - > The only pirate adventure that asks the question: What's sharper, your sword or your wit?

Escape from Monkey Island - > Aye, 'tis an offbeat adventure of piratey proportions!

I quite like the one in the current ToMI webpage: "Humor, romance & piratey swashbuckling in an all new epic saga". I quite like the words "romance" and "saga"... Don't know if it can be considered a tagline, though.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    A tad obvious, or a tad informative? It was something we were going to just use for E3, to explain what was going on (a five part single story, not five small stories like Sam & Max, and not one single game like old MI games). At the end of the day we decided we didn't need it. We'll surely have some sort of tagline at some point :)
Add Comment