25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • LuigiHann;121974 said:
    The official YTRickrollsYou version of the video is presumably with permission from the record company, which would mean there's licensing and royaltees involved.

Not so when somebody uploads their own, though.
    The Official version is from Rick Astley TV. Whenever a RickRoll is caught by the video ID system, an Ad will appear next to the video. Whenever someone clicks on the ad, money goes into Rick Astleys Plaid Shirt Fund. It doesn't cost Youtube anything. When the rickroll part is less than 20 seconds, it probably wont get noticed by the Auto ID system.
  • Monkey Island Series is Coming to Telltale Games! [april fools]
    Oh, the irony
  • The temptation for the staff to post here must've been surreal.
  • User Avatar Image
    Kevin Telltale Staff
    More like the heart attack I had when I saw the title of the thread! I forgot it was April 1 and thought the news had leaked!
  • Kevin;134466 said:
    More like the heart attack I had when I saw the title of the thread! I forgot it was April 1 and thought the news had leaked!
    I'm sure this was the topic of much conversation at the office.
  • Ahahaa that must have been the happiest Rickroll ever for you then!
    "Oh THANK GOD it's just Rick Astley!"
  • LuigiHann;134574 said:
    Ahahaa that must have been the happiest Rickroll ever for you then
    "Whew. I was hoping this was a Rick Astley video."
  • No one has ever been so happy to see Rick Astley.

Poor Rick
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Yeah, anyone watching the forum activity link at the bottom of the main forum page probably would have seen every single Telltale account magnetized to this thread, because holy crap! That's why I added the "[april fools]" tag at the end of the title -- I kept checking the forums for new posts and seeing it bubble to the top every few days and freaking out again.
  • That is hilarious. I can just picture air raid sirens going off, employees bustling back and forth while tugging at their hair and muttering nuclear detonation codes, children crying, and dogs barking upon discovery of this thread.

What? It could happen.
Add Comment