User Avatar Image

What to call the next season of Tales

posted by Victory63 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
Say if this season of Tales of Monkey island goes successful and a second season is announced, just is it possible for it not to be called Tales of Monkey Island Season 2. Just that to make it more in theme you could say.

Like how they have it with each season of the tv show Red Dwarf, instead of being called Red Dwarf season 2 or season 4, it's called Red Dwarf II and Red Dwarf IV.

So if there is a 2nd season of Tales of Monkey Island, could it be called "Tales of Monkey Island 2" or for more style and even better, call it "Tales of Monkey Island II" to give it that like old feeling :)
90 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • LeChuck's Vengeance: Return to Monkey Island
  • Actually, a second season is in part up to LucasArts. Tales and Special Edition could sell so well that LucasArts might decide to develop future games on their own.
  • lucas arts is testing the waters right now . I hope it turns out for the best.
  • You know what might be a fun idea? Calling it "Sam and Max: Season Three", replacing Guybrush with Sam and Max, and removing Monkey Island and all the related characters altogether. That would be fun.
  • The Treasure of Monkey Island...
    The Pirates of Monkey Island
    The Smugglers of Monkey Island
    The Zombies of Monkey Island
    The Ghosts of Monkey Island
    The Book of Monkey Island
    Return to Monkey Island
    The Battle of Monkey Island

I dunno.
  • turingmachine604;135116 said:
    Actually, a second season is in part up to LucasArts. Tales and Special Edition could sell so well that LucasArts might decide to develop future games on their own.
    In le meilleur des mondes possibles LucasArts would make new Monkey game, but continue their cooperation with TellTale and we would see both "Monkey 5" and second season of Tales.

But that's just daydreaming at this moment, we have to wait and see how well Tales and Special Edition sell and how the cooperation between the two companies works.
  • The Monkey of Monkey Island
  • Secret Fawful;135134 said:
    The Treasure of Monkey Island...
    The Pirates of Monkey Island
    The Smugglers of Monkey Island
    The Zombies of Monkey Island
    The Ghosts of Monkey Island
    The Book of Monkey Island
    Return to Monkey Island
    The Battle of Monkey Island

I dunno.
    Continuing from Secret Fawful's post...

The Adventures of Monkey Island
    The REAL Secret of Monkey Island
    The Death of Monkey Island
    The Revenge of Monkey Island
    The Attack of Monkey Island
    The Disappearance of Monkey Island
    The Monkey Island Experience
  • HA the posts in this thread are funny! That's all I have to contribute here though....my laughter I'll rated it high so if any has anything useful to add they can spot it by the 5 star rating !
  • Vitas;134832 said:
    Of course yes but this is like a small precaution say if so that to brace ourselves.

I mean for like the spirit of the Monkey island series in a way, to call season 2 of Tales (if there will ever be one) to be "Tales of Monkey Island II".
    But that's not really the spirit of Monkey Island is it?

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/938066494-00.jpg

Actually The Spirit of Monkey Island would be a pretty cool name.
Add Comment