User Avatar Image

Would you like to see Monkey Island 2 lechucks revenge special edition?

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users
as everyone knows with the hype leading up to the new Secret of Monkey Island:SE, everyone is wondering if there going to make a special edition to Monkey Island 2, now Monkey Island 2 is my favourite game in the series (infact it was the first one i played out of the series),my only concern is seeing the revamp of this game,because as crazy as it sounds, i really love detail in the game, the art work and backgrounds was really breathtaking, and if they revamp the characters,i dont know if there going to loose the hilarious facial expressions, like when guybrush shoves a dog down his pants, or see his cheesy smile, when hes up to no good, or when he gets threaten by largo and you see guybrushs false hair, i dont know wether it would feel the same.

what do you guys think? do you think my concerns are ridiculous, or do you agree with what im saying
211 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think they should wait... And I would keep the art style intact. It looks absolutely fine.
  • Talesofmi.net was just closed when I tried to visit it because the bandwidth was exceeded. The facebook group is also chock full of fans buzzing over monkey island. Nice work guys... if we keep it up and translate this attention into sales, I think we have only seen the beginning of Monkey Island and other old Lucasarts IP resurrections
  • OF COURSE!

But it would have to be very faithful because that game is virtually perfect, but it would be very sad if the best game in the series was the only one without full voice acting.
  • parabolee;138860 said:
    OF COURSE!

But it would have to be very faithful because that game is virtually perfect, but it would be very sad if the best game in the series was the only one without full voice acting.
    Well, judging from how faithfully reproduced Secret of Monkey Island was (besides the hair), I don't think you'd have to worry about faithfullness.
  • ^To be honest, SMI:SE looks very creepy to me... I mean, how about they get the original dudes who did the backgrounds and sprites? And just reconstruct them EXACTLY as they were, only more detailed?
  • Because.

If they DO make MI2:SE then I hope they include the lite version as well. It'll add to replayability, but more importantly a lot of people may not play it because of its difficulty. That game is TOUGH. Having the option of a lite version would be more appealing to people.

Then again, there's the included hint system anyway now so it doesn't really matter...
  • Of course! I think it's a given they'll make it.

My biggest questions is if the hand painted backdrops still exist, so if they scan them with full colour and high resolution...

Wow, it would look amazing. Also the fact of ¡Muse using MIDI. If they can make it work with digital high quality sound I would be really amazed.

Also the Guybrush should look better something like the one from TOMI. No crazy hair cuts please. Maybe they could add some filter to the sprites, like outlines, so they look a bit more like COMI characters and not like Flash games characters... Just an idea.
Add Comment