What's with all the hate?

I've been scanning the forums, and I noticed that this episode has gotten a LOT of hate. And I really don't understand it. The length was GREATLY improved on! At least for me, anyway. The episode lasted me two hours of awesomeness. And I was GREATLY satisfied with the story, and the amount of interaction in the episode. I was happy Kenny actually got very angry with Clem if you decide to cut Sarita's arm off, showing that your choices actually matter, and you won't be let off the hook just because you're a little girl. Is the hate because Sarah was determinant? I agree, Sarah should not have been determinant. But that's really the only flaw I can see.

Comments

• people hate how all deaths in the game have been so meaningless

• People have opinions. I just hate it when they complain and have no suggestions to back it up.

• All deaths are meaningless, though.

people hate how all deaths in the game have been so meaningless

• and lazily written.

• edited July 2014

I actually really enjoyed this episode, I'm just starting to wonder what the point of them letting you save Sarah was only for them to kill her off 20 minutes later, anyways. Though it did coincide well with Jane's story, so that's something.

• I was talking about real life, too. Death is meaningless.

Krazehcakes posted: »

and lazily written.

• I don't really think a death HAS to have a meaning...if you die you die. And for a matter of a fact, I believe all the deaths actually HAVE had a meaning. They all mean that you can't save everyone, and everyone will eventually end up the same. A walker.

• Oh really? How about Shawn's death? Mark? Larry, Carley? Katjaa, Duck, Lee and others? These are all deaths that affected the story in some way, by either changing another character's behavior or by moving the story forward. Nick's death in episode 4 added nothing to the game, kill him in episode 2 and it's all the same shit. Sarah's death also adds nothing. They're killing characters just because they need to make the group smaller by the end of the game.

zammey12 posted: »

All deaths are meaningless, though.

• Sarita, when you think she is saved, SHE F***ING GETS DEVOURED! If you killed the zombie you have a more emotional experience, but still. Nick dies without care. It was a really bad way to kill off a determinant character, considering the other death was way better. Luke and Jane do the naughty. Do I need to explain why that makes me hate Luke now? Sarah dies because they thought she was useless, when she needed a lot of character development to make her death(s) emotional. Rebecca dies after birth. So cliche.

By now in Season 1, characters were developed and planned through, I almost cried a couple of times, I felt frustrated, and happy. By now in Season 2, they killed off characters for no reason, Kenny just being a piece of crap, Luke being a piece of crap, Sarah being a piece of crap, etc.

The only thing that made me like the episode more than the past one was Mike and Jane. Jane had decent character development up to her adult fun time with Luke, which made me happy she left. Before that I actually wanted to leave with her and survive just us. Now I'm happy that wasn't an option. Mike was HILARIOUS. Not really developed, but his comments made me laugh so hard.

• I'm not talking about the damn game! Sorry,I just meant death was meaningless in general. They are killing of characters for a smaller group, yes, but it makes sense when one bite is all it takes.

Oh really? How about Shawn's death? Mark? Larry, Carley? Katjaa, Duck, Lee and others? These are all deaths that affected the stor

• edited July 2014

Telltale is telling a story, this is not real life. The problem is that Sarah and Nick NEVER got the potential they deserved as interestingly built up characters, and both their deaths don't have much weight to them, arguably Sarah's death in the trailer park had SOME kind of weight to it, but if their is an option to save her, then their BETTER be some satisfying pay off with her arc.

I was talking about real life, too. Death is meaningless.

• People have been giving opinions and alternate advice Since we've seen the episode and if you havent heard them your living under a rock.
    -Nick could have been bitten but survived enough during the puzzle and have some MEANINGFUL dialogue with Luke.
    -If not. Luke could have reacted atleast more on the news of Nick's death. You know. His friend for 20 years who looked up to him and are practically brothers?

-Sarah could have fallen off the balcony and got a gun but missed but atleast put your practice into play.
    -Sarah and Clem could have some meaningful dialogue about her insistency about being best friends/ being stronger/ Coping with Carlos' death.
    -Luke could have reacted atleast about Sarah's death seeing as how he is RESPONSIBLE for her death. And yknow. Complain less about Jane's vagina.

People have opinions. I just hate it when they complain and have no suggestions to back it up.

• Good thing its fake. Real zombies would scare the hell outta me. Lol

J-Master posted: »

Telltale is telling a story, this is not real life. The problem is that Sarah and Nick NEVER got the potential they deserved as in

• edited July 2014

I'm not talking about the damn game!

Alt text

I'm not talking about the damn game! Sorry,I just meant death was meaningless in general. They are killing of characters for a smaller group, yes, but it makes sense when one bite is all it takes.

• This guy is getting upvoted for the exact same thing I'm getting downvoted for. SMH...

ClemRox posted: »

I don't really think a death HAS to have a meaning...if you die you die. And for a matter of a fact, I believe all the deaths actu

• Till Jane effin' left. Thanks for Sarah (who has been with us for 4 episodes) coinciding with your story, Jane and then you leave like a Molly Clone.

• edited July 2014

Nick's death was a waste in that he doesn't do anything significant after episode 2 if you save him except do nothing, it's rushed and wasted. Sarah's death in the trailer park was a little better, though if you save her, you have no pay off with her arc, she just dies by accident, and nobody cares afterwards, THAT's the problem.

I don't really think a death HAS to have a meaning...if you die you die. And for a matter of a fact, I believe all the deaths actu

• That's your post, not mine.

I'm not talking about the damn game!

• It's all about the wording, zammey. All about the wording...

This guy is getting upvoted for the exact same thing I'm getting downvoted for. SMH...

• I may be coming off a little rough...lol

It's all about the wording, zammey. All about the wording...

• Not every single person backs up their complaints. And I like it under my rock, thank you very much.

Krazehcakes posted: »

People have been giving opinions and alternate advice Since we've seen the episode and if you havent heard them your living under

• Did we play the same game? Where is Kenny a piece of crap? He is a man who has suffered and tries not to break.
    Kenny needs the impression that other people rely on him. He feels lonely. He's a great and deep character.
    Rebecca dies because of the cold. She's been a weak character since the beginning, and I don't think it's cliche at all, I didn't expect that to happen.
    In season 1 episode 4, I did not care about Christa, Omid and Chuck at all. Wether or not Chuck died was completely irrelevant for me.
    I'm not saying that everything in episode 4 is great, I'm just saying that season one had the same flaws. But we did not notice them back then because our expectations weren't as high.

• Edgey.

I was talking about real life, too. Death is meaningless.

• edited July 2014

Kenny is not to everyone's taste. Despite Backing him on 90% of your decisions as Lee, he flies off the handle if you decide against him even ONCE and then complains your NEVER on his side.
    he is completely selfish. Whereas Lilly may not be well liked but even if you Treat her like complete garbage in Episode 3 She doesn't suspect you or betrays you but tells you its your responsibility to find the culprit.

Kenny then tries to Impose his vision of Duck by making Clem his replacement. When he gets called out for it he then treats you like lee which is not right. Lee was a full grown adult that was Kenny's equal, whereas Clem is an 11 year old girl yet has to do everything lee did?
    Also he flies off the handle at her. Who despite not being completely defenseless has always tried and supported him.

Rebecca was NOT a weak character. She was antagonistic to Clem in Episode 1 because they have DWINDLING resources, she's expecting a baby (thus under alot of stress not only worrying how to take care of it but who's baby it is), and Carver is a threat with many allies and spies on his side.
    She quickly changes her tune when Clem stays by Nick/Pete's side during their death and protects Sarah from when Carver snooped around and mends bridges. Even if your a complete ass to Rebecca, she'll still be somewhat understanding because she's fully aware of her misbehavior and almost condemning Clem to death in Episode 1 and tries to fix that.
    She then has to cope with Alvin's death in both scenarios and is all alone raising her baby who for all she knows is Carver's. guilt of it possibly not being Alvin's as well as being alone with Carver's baby Eats away at her.
    Upon Episode 4 when you meet her in the herd she is 100% on Clem's side and is so grateful to see her.

Christa also is a complex character but I wont delve into that.
    But if you think kenny is completely understandable and precious and deep but you think Rebecca isn't and is considered weak just because she's pregnant and dies from the aftermath. Then I'm sorry but that's pretty messed up.

aldimon posted: »

Did we play the same game? Where is Kenny a piece of crap? He is a man who has suffered and tries not to break. Kenny needs the i

• Nah...people just don't like your wording... XD

I may be coming off a little rough...lol

• Whatever. Can't please everyone.

Nah...people just don't like your wording... XD

• Nope. And you shouldn't try to either.

Whatever. Can't please everyone.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.