User Avatar Image

The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

posted by Junaid on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 107.6K users
For those of you who were not a part of the Monkey Island community back in the days, there was a lot of fanart, as can be seen here

I don't know about you guys but I got inspired right away when I saw the Tales of Monkey Island footage and I've been sketching like a madman the past two days.

Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)
2.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Marduk;140517 said:
    I pretty concerned about some of the pictures of Elaine, here. In many of them, particularly Micki's, she looks anorexic. No offense, but is that really attractive to you guys?
    Dunno man, she looks pretty slim to begin with.

• her poor arm is all tangled in her hair too :(
  • Hehe, I think that is just the smooth transition of her hair with the hair in her armpit ;-)
  • Marduk;140517 said:
    I pretty concerned about some of the pictures of Elaine, here. In many of them, particularly Micki's, she looks anorexic. No offense, but is that really attractive to you guys?
    I think the idea is that she's a caricature. Like those powerpod thingys that you used to get in the chocolate eggs.
  • HeyArnold;140622 said:
    Hehe, I think that is just the smooth transition of her hair with the hair in her armpit ;-)
    Ewwww...

By the way, now that we're posting videos here as well, here's mine. :p
  • Haggis;140645 said:

By the way, now that we're posting videos here as well, here's mine. :p
    Nice video, what's the name of the second song in the video, if i may ask?
  • Thanks! It's Lacrimosa, from Mozart's Requiem. The names of the songs are all in the credits, by the way. :)
  • Silverwolfpet;140507 said:
    Ummm, can this be considered a piece of "Monkey Island FanArt"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXsfSySaIE
    Since when has music (and animation) not been an art, and why didn't anyone tell me? :confused:

Eh, anyway - thanks for the laugh, that video (and song) is great... :D

np: Aesop Rock - I'll Be OK (ft. Slug) (Float)
  • Ravey;140561 said:
    Dunno man, she looks pretty slim to begin with.

But is that really 'to begin with', what with it being the 5th game in the series. And she didn't strike me as particularly skinny in SMI... but I guess I wasn't paying attention to the way she looked. Especially with all the pixilation...

But you're right; she does look thin to the point of bad health in this pic.

I'm willing to go along that, as cartoons, the character's are basically caricature, but should they be perpetuating negative stereotypes?
  • Iiii think it's pretty obvious that Elaine's body isn't meant to be realistic at all. How many people in real life have bangs that defy gravity? Her shoulders (and Guybrush's for that matter) are also way too narrow for a normal human being if I remember my high school art class anatomy correctly.

Besides, if there's anybody in Monkey Island who could stand to eat a sandwich or two, it's Guybrush himself. Poor guy's thin as a rail. :D
Add Comment