User Avatar Image

Murray and Stan are overrated!

posted by DKreinest11 on - last edited - Viewed by 996 users
What's with everyone's infatuation with these two characters? There are countless other characters I'd rather see return in TOMI than either of them.
53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Murray was great in CMI, but after that, his role was pretty much played out. Stan, on the other hand, is freakin' awesome! How can you not like that guy, flailing his arms about and trying to sell you everything you've never wanted?
  • They're both extremely unlikely, for one thing. Murrey, while he might not be the only evil undead figure in the game, is completely harmless and therefore his aspirations of world domination just become funny. Did you see him working as a bouncer in MI4? GENIOUS!

Stan, while a far more plausible character, is a parody of cliché high pressure salesmen. Coupled with high hyperactivity and his outrageous demands for items that a pirate may be unlikely to consider buying (aside from used ships) to begin with... To be honest I don't know what's funny about him, specifically, but rest assured the rest of us do. Don't rain on our parade!
  • thin029;140764 said:
    I agree Stan is not that cool, but HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE MURRAY?
    UH? more like the complete opposite of what you just sed! Stan and Murray were only cool up until CMI... in EMI murray and stan were forced in and Stan had a stupid voice... bring back Pat Pinney!
  • Murray is awesome... Stan is cool, but after four games they need new jokes sharpish. MI2 was the peak with the used coffins, MI4 was kind of lazy.
  • Important-Looking Pirate;140852 said:
    UH? more like the complete opposite of what you just sed! Stan and Murray were only cool up until CMI... in EMI murray and stan were forced in and Stan had a stupid voice... bring back Pat Pinney!
    Murray wasn't even in SMI or MI2. His debut was in CMI.
  • MusicallyInspired;140861 said:
    Murray wasn't even in SMI or MI2. His debut was in CMI.
    everyone in this forum has played all 4 games, shit like this goes without saying!!
  • Then why did you say Murray was only cool up until CMI???
  • murray was hanging around on the ghost ship in MI1 anyway, just went uncredited
  • What? Is that something that was mentioned in CMI and/or EMI? If so I must have missed it...

But it still stands...how can one think Murray was cool in SMI and MI2 if he wasn't even credited?
Add Comment