User Avatar Image

The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

posted by Junaid on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 110.9K users
For those of you who were not a part of the Monkey Island community back in the days, there was a lot of fanart, as can be seen here

I don't know about you guys but I got inspired right away when I saw the Tales of Monkey Island footage and I've been sketching like a madman the past two days.

Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)
2.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "Why have you given me this ridiculous ensemble, daddy?" :)
  • S@bre;134234 said:
    I had a spare moment and made a crappy heavily-derivative wallpaper consisting of one of Welshy's colours of one of Micki's works, with the new Monkey Island logo and a Puerto Pullo background:

(click for full size)

Yay!! Shiver me buxom timbers!!

This is my new wallpaper, thank you S@bre! :D

And awesome art all over the thread, you people are really impressive! :)
  • I made one just recently in excitement for the enw game (didn't think there'd actually be a thread here for fanart, though!)

Be warned! For my art is rather crappy, and the description very long and full of fan-girling. Tuurrn back! Tuurrn back! Darkness will envelope you!

...wait...

Oh, here it is!
  • dragonsong12;142186 said:
    I made one just recently in excitement for the enw game (didn't think there'd actually be a thread here for fanart, though!)

Be warned! For my art is rather crappy, and the description very long and full of fan-girling. Tuurrn back! Tuurrn back! Darkness will envelope you!

...wait...

Oh, here it is!
    Nice drawing! :)
  • Honestly, I don't like it at all... the textures don't look good, the lighting is all over the place... I'll just say: no.
  • 2 years ago I was doing con sketches at the Munich Comic Festival. I usually ask what people want drawn, but when they replied "oh, anything, surprise me", I'd just draw them a quick Guybrush or LeChuck.

And since it was in Germany, Guybrush is saying "How appropiate, you fight like a cow!" in German.
  • The Poison;142394 said:
    2 years ago I was doing con sketches at the Munich Comic Festival. I usually ask what people want drawn, but when they replied "oh, anything, surprise me", I'd just draw them a quick Guybrush or LeChuck.
    Sehr schöne Skizze!
    I like it that it was drawn with only a few lines and not too much detail.
    You were on a comic festival? Are you a comic artist?
  • Ich mag Obstkuchen! :p
    Cool drawing, dude. cool drawing. :D

edit: "Ach ja" doesn't really mean "How appropriate" does it? Sounds more like "Oh yeah?".
  • Yeah, actually it's "Wie passend, Du kämpfst wie eine Kuh!" (with "Wie passend" meaning, "How appropriate").
Add Comment