User Avatar Image

Would you like to see a Monkey Island Cartoon series?

posted by Wolfstar27 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
I saw on the Telltales Site that they sell Sam & Max cartoon series, and i was wondering what other people opinion is,if they make a cartoon series of Monkey Island,BUT not making it a kids show,but aiming it at an older audience?

do you think its a good idea?
52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Voted no becasue I want all good gags and plotlines to be used in years and years of TTG MI Seasons!

I like to think of the games as inteactive cartoons anyway.
  • YES.

That's my simple answer to that. :D

Well, I would definitely watch it and buy DVDs of all the episodes, but I don't know how popular it would be within the whole world. But you never know. It'd be cool if one season was made and then broadcast on TV. They could see how popular that turns out to be, and if it's a hit then more episodes could be made.

Besides, it'd be completely different to a lot of adult cartoons these days. Most animated shows aimed at adults are about friends/family in everyday environments (e.g. The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park) so a cartoon about pirates aimed at adults would be original.
  • No opinion, really. Doesn't seem necessary, I suppose. I do think MI needs to tell big stories (hence the more serial nature of Tales), so I'm not sure a cartoon series would work all that well. It's also difficult to see how it could be marketed...
  • Yes! I would love a cartoon! The MI universe is perfect for that.
  • depends on who's doing it, but yhea, that would be nice.
  • I personally don't see Monkey Island as something that could have random stories. Sam & Max works because that's what they're all about. They solve random crimes and pummel random criminals when randomly called upon to do so. It's the perfect candidate. Monkey Island is more like a coherent collection of connected epic large-scale stories. I don't think it would work well with the randomness of a weekly Saturday morning cartoon scenario. Even TMI isn't a season of episodes so much as chapters of a full game. I'd rather have a movie. Made by Ron Gilbert. Revealing The Secret(tm). Or nothing at all.
  • If it plays as well as the Sam & Max animated series did, I'd be all for it.
  • I really don't know how to vote on this issue...
  • Kind of a mix bag with this one.
Add Comment