User Avatar Image

Death in TMI?

posted by Scapetti on - last edited - Viewed by 739 users
Some people have started assuming that this game won't have the amount of darkness as MI2 and will be more like CMI in all it's cartooniness... BUT! After reading this argument, it just made me realise just how much death there IS in CMI.

Now I'm sure TMI isn't all cute and cuddly and will have a significant amount of death, just like all the previous Monkey Island games. But maybe Telltale should just reassure these people that doubt this, so I don't have to keep reading their false assumptions ;)
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • all the monkey islands have had death and darkness. except EMI i cant really remember any in that. im sure there will be some sort of hillarious form of death in it.
  • jhuddy;145315 said:
    all the monkey islands have had death and darkness. except EMI i cant really remember any in that. im sure there will be some sort of hillarious form of death in it.
    You get to shoot yourself and cause a paradox XD
  • EMI had some disturbing stories though; like how LeChuck killed that priest by ripping his pancreas out. There were also numerous skulls from people pegnose murdered in his booty showcase room.
  • Scapetti;145320 said:
    You get to shoot yourself and cause a paradox XD
    haha oh yeah! i just havnt played that one as much so i dont remember.
  • Ozzie Mandril gets killed also, (and thank god for that)
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    DjNDB;145264 said:
    If you like death, how would you like if Guybrush died if you made a wrong move, as in some Sierra games back then? :D
    Ah, the games these days... ;)

As LEC was actually doing something new back then by immortalizing the main character, it was of course referenced at. There were very fine parodies of these game mechanics in SoMI and CMI. Nowadays, not being able to die is an industry standard - hence less references in parodies would be encountered.
  • Ignatius;145364 said:
    Ozzie Mandril gets killed also, (and thank god for that)
    Just to let you know, Australians DO NOT talk or sound like Ozzie Mandril.
  • prizna;145500 said:
    Just to let you know, Australians DO NOT talk or sound like Ozzie Mandril.
    Oooh yes you do, the lot of you! And you look like him.
  • Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!
  • We dont even use the word "shrimp" we use "prawn"
Add Comment