User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 38.2K users
Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!
1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Toothless Gibbon;146235 said:
    Sorry, Im in the UK too, should have made that clear.

So we, in the UK, are 8hrs ahead.

...Yes, yes indeed we are! ;)
  • The Sam & Max episodes appeared around 5pm in the UK...
  • adwilliams;146231 said:
    This is probably a really petty question, but around about what time will the game be up for download?? I'm hoping I'll somehow be able to get this tonight (with time zone differences etc as I live in the UK.) I wouldn't normally mind waiting but I'm moving in with my girlfriend tomorrow and I can imagine she'd be pretty pissed off with me dumping a few boxes down and running off to playing Monkey Island all night.
    Assuming from what we've been told, they're gonna release the game during the day, so they can quickly respond to any issues that might arise.

So my educated guess would be in between 8am and 11am PST on July 7th. ;-)
  • Toothless Gibbon;146235 said:
    Sorry, Im in the UK too, should have made that clear.

So we, in the UK, are 8hrs ahead.
    but we in aus are further ahead :p
  • hamzie;146306 said:
    but we in aus are further ahead :p
    Yeah, well.. but... GMT is THE time.

So there.

;)
  • Around 1 am release on Wednesday here in Western Australia. :( Hopefully I can have a play before I have to go to work.
  • Further offtopic - homepage says "1 DAYS LEFT!"
    ...Fail? ^_^
  • User Avatar Image
    Lup
    just preordered the game and first of all: hi all!

now to my question:

did you think about giving tales of monkey island the MI3 style? i personally think that this part just looked best and most harmonic.

greets
    Lup

P.S.: excuse my bad english ;)
  • So just spent like 2 hours reading every post in this forum...gotta say, i haven't been this excited about a game since gabriel knight 3...efmi was a bit too clunky for me for a monkey island game...i usually hate 3d adventures which burden you with the third dimension as opposed to enhancing the experience. Grim Fandango is the only 3D adventure that comes to mind that got it right (and dreamfall). I hope the movement through environments is fluid and efficient...also I hope the quick exit is implemented in the game, because i hate walking across the same screens over and over! Cant wait cant wait! tonight i'll dream of monkeys!
Add Comment